xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JaVe

Laser/plasma Canon... what was meant to be the inside

Well, i wanted to make the inside of a laser/plasma cannon, so it started out good, then i added some wrong textures red and yellow. I added some crap objects and i believe it went very wrong, but some areas went really good i think. I overchromed it in some parts but i will create something better. I will make a better plasma cannon and post it here!

Posted Image

A bit big i think...

I've made some improvements, well i redid the whole things.. This is the unsmoothed version which i completed real quickly. This is the inside turbine for the plasma canon, im gonna make a case:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you like it. Comments about everything is appreciated! :)

WOW! Very impressive! Did you use 3ds max to make that? I have that program but when I first looked at it I was intimidated and decided that there was no way I could make 3D objects, do you have any advice for me? Where did you learn your skills?

I'd just like to say that's freakin awsome :)B):):P;) soooo keep makin your plasma cannon things and i would like sell that on e-bay or something cause thats got to be worth millions Spazz

Yup, 3ds max all the way. For learning, scrap all that advanced stuff, all you need are the basic skills - they;re the most important; chamfer, inset, extrude(group, local normal, polygon). I myself experience many problems and in the beginning i didn't know much either. I'm still a beginner but i can point you to some tutorials. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, http://www.3dkingdom.org/ ,http://www.3dlinks.com/. Just keep experimenting is all i can say!

wow...that is impressive...ok im guessing your not "really" making a laser canon, but that part is pretty amazing it looks very real, i have never done 3D desinging but i was always interested.

It would be cool to make a plasma canon...anyway, i made a slight update, i created the casing and the end or the barel looks pretty cool if i must say so myself:

Posted Image

I still have to create the fueltank - shouldn't be much more than a block. I'm watching crayon shinchan now though. :)