xisto Community
Bảo Tuấn

Php - Browser Based Editor

I'm trying to set up some tools for a number of developers to use in the creation of a text-based MMORPG. I'd like to be able to show directory structure and allow them to easily see which files are where - then to be able to edit the pages from their browser. It would also be a neat feature that they could upload some files from their computer.Last time I needed this I built it myself, but it was restricted to 2 directories only and I ended up storing the file structure in text files. Anyways I'm debating rebuilding the entire thing but I can't help wondering if someone somewhere has already built something to this extent and has code available for free somewhere. However, I can't find anything on Google. Maybe someone knows of such a thing?

I don't understand what exactly you are trying to do, but it seems that you are just maintaining folders of code that the user could edit. If you want to create more than 2 directories, this is pretty simple with recursion. Just recurse through the directories until you find the file you want (or until you display all of the folders/files). If you already have the code for the editor, just add in recursion to get the data from all of the directories. There is plenty of information on the internet if you are confused about recursion.

I'm trying to set up some tools for a number of developers to use in the creation of a text-based MMORPG. I'd like to be able to show directory structure and allow them to easily see which files are where - then to be able to edit the pages from their browser. It would also be a neat feature that they could upload some files from their computer.

Last time I needed this I built it myself, but it was restricted to 2 directories only and I ended up storing the file structure in text files.

Anyways I'm debating rebuilding the entire thing but I can't help wondering if someone somewhere has already built something to this extent and has code available for free somewhere. However, I can't find anything on Google. Maybe someone knows of such a thing?

There exists a lot of Browser based editors, take a look to the following ones:

FCKEditor:This HTML text editor brings to the web many of the powerful functionalities of desktop editors like MS Word. It's lightweight and doesn't require any kind of installation on the client computer.

XStandard:XStandard is the leading standards-compliant plug-in WYSIWYG editor for desktop applications and browser-based content management systems (IE/Firefox/Safari/Opera).

RTE:The Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor (RTE).

Best regards, Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)