xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Feedback Welcome - Wall Appointment Calendar I Remember You Perú Please review and comment

Hi,

Please review this bilingual (spanish/english) website that i redesign for my client, all comments are welcome so please check it out and let me know what do you think about it.

Site Name : Wall Appointment Calendar I Remember You Peru
Active: Yes

I know that the main limitation of this site is that it is a biligual english/spanish site and because of this a lot of people can't understand the text content written in Spanish, so, meanwhile i set it to open the english version of the site by default.

Best regards,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on creating a valid XHTML 1.1 template, since this standard isn't easy to accomplish ;) But now I must go over to some bad points: two, actually.First of all, the background. The solid red colour is not too pleasant for the eyes, so you might want to consider another colour (a darker one), and perhaps a slightly visible pattern on it. It will put the emphasis on the content and will also look nicer/more professional. The other thing is not that much of a problem, but of aesthetic nature. You have those two link that are used for changing the language, and you have implemented a nice hover effect. Why not do the same with the main menu? It would make navigating easier, since the user would know "what he's at" ;)

Hiyah,
Very good but theres things I would change..Pyost mentioned making the main menu the same hover over as the language changing button - yes I would do this also, but also I think the red is to overpowering for the eye.
The image your using in the middle..its bad resolution-after all thats the product your trying to sell! it should be as sharp and eye catching as you can make it.
You have gone through the trouble of making correct and validating CSS well done ;)) but..I would use CSS for the rounded corners also and not rely on the Javascript thats making them at the moment, reason is not all people have Javascript turned on in thier browser.
Look at CSS play for details and examples of rounded corners via CSS.
Frames-why put the google ads in a frame? I think its better in a Div not in a frame.

My two cents;)

Actually, the Google Ads aren't in a frame, that's just how Google displays them. As for the rounded corners, it definitely is better to the them with CSS than Javascript. What's more, since your page is fixed width, this can be accomplished with two images - one at the top and one at the bottom, with no CSS editing at all. Of course, if you decide to stick to JavaScript, it's not that bad, as the page looks fine without the rounded corners.

First of all, the background. The solid red colour is not too pleasant for the eyes

Seems that this red background is a part of the whole phylosophy of the thing. It seems that the calendar itself has the same background (at least for the two pages which are visible on the website).