xisto Community
vujsa

30 Credit Logo Design Challenge! Design A New Logo For Handy PHP And Win 30 Hosting Credits

I need a logo for my website!

My website, Handy PHP is beginning to really attract a lot of traffic.

As suggested, it offers PHP related resources.

Now after some searching and modification, I have the website template that works for me but I need a logo.

So I decided to run a contest for a new logo.

Here are the rules for the contest.

The logo must fit the color and layout of the website.

- The website shouldn't need to be modified radically to fit the logo.

If the logo is animated, flash, or other large file, a smaller (still or lower resolution) file must also be submitted with it.

All designs to be considered must be submitted by April 25th, 2007.

Voting on submissions will Open on April 26th, 2007 and close on May 10th, 2007.

All submissions will be included in a forum poll for all members to vote on.

30 credits will be awarded from my account to the winner of the contest.

- The winner of the contest is not necessarily the submission with the most votes.

- Must be hosted for credits to be transfered.

Enter as many submissions as you want.

I reserve the right not to chose the submission with the most poll votes.

- If I personally like a different logo I may chose it instead and award the designer of that submission the 30 credits.

I reserve the right to cancel the contest at any time.

- This would apply if too few submissions are entered, the submissions entered are not suitable, or any other reason a deem valid.

I will NOT use any submission on my website that I do not award hosting credits for.

Additional credits may be awarded for additional media or for non-winning submissions that will be used.

- Basically, if your submission wins and additional images are needed, extra credits will be awarded for the additional images.

- Also, if all or some of the images of non-winnig submissions are used as is or modified, credits will be awarded for those images.

- Credit may be awarded for non-image portions of submissions such as JavaScripts etc...

Requirements:

A minimum of 3 files should be submited.

- Large, full size graphic that would be used for the side logo / banner.

- Medium, basic image only that could be integrated into other images for advertising.

- Small, suitable for the basis of a favicon and other small image needs.

Additional files should either modify, support, or fill in the gaps of the three minimum files.

Different colors or layouts should be entered as seperate and complete submissions.

The media may be in any visual format as long as it can used on a website and an alternate (common) format is also submitted.

- This includes Flash, AJAX, JavaScript, GIF, PNG, JPG, layers, DHTML, CSS, etc...

If you have any questions, please ask them here. I think I have a set of rules here that are fair for everyone but provide me with the flexibility needed to promote such a contest. Basically, I really need a logo and I am willing to offer something in return for a logo but want to be sure tha the contest is as fair as possible without me having to pay for something I don't want.

Please post your submissions in this topic only. Links to your artwork are okay for non-forum supported media.

I hope this will be an exciting contest that everyone will participate in.

vujsa

Do you have any pictures that oyu might want us to use? I really need something to work from. O and are these sizes ok:Large:800x100
Medium:400x50
Favicon/Small:16x16

Those sizes sound about right! I'm glad to see someone interested in the challenge. :)

I'm afraid I don't have any artwork or pictures for you to use. My mind has been a complete blank on this which is why I have nothing at all. I guess, if I at least had an idea, I could have designed something temporary.

I have a more analytical than creative mental process so I can design nearly anything I want if I have an idea but I have a really hard time coming up with creative ideas!

I was hoping that at the very least, I could get some decent design ideas to build on but I didn't get a very good responce to this topic.

I may extend the submission deadline until April 30th to allow more people to get involved.

Thank you for your interest. :ph34r:

vujsa

I am soo busy atm ;( got a site going live in the next couple of days..but in the next few days I will be having a go at it also, so hopefully you will have two sets to choose from :ph34r:

is there any last date for submission, i can create a cool new logo using one of the techniqes I discovered recently. But I need more Time as I'm currently busy with various projects. It would be more convenient if a last date is announced.

Well, I originally stated that I wanted all submissions by April 25th but I'm thinking of extending that to the 30th.Then voting would open on May 1st. and end on the 15th.But for now, I am going to stick with the original April 25th deadline.I'm glad to see that there are a few people with ideas for this project. My website is doing really well with just text links and I'm hoping that some graphical advertising will give me a big boost. According to Yahoo, I have about 1,500 links to my website. Google is a little more conservative at 1,100 links and those numbers go up everyday. I never thought that I would get so many unsolicited links to my website. I guess I have something that people want to see. :ph34r:I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas.vujsa

Let this one slip by us at trap sneaky sneaky but here are my images.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let this one slip by us at trap sneaky sneaky but here are my images.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SM, those are very nice. Thank you for your submission. I'm getting pretty excited about this contest!

I hope you'll have some more good enrtries to compete against!

vujsa

Im waiting to see what Team Destiny brings out, they should be equally as good when he posts them.

Here are my possible suggestions, If you are interested in any of the designs I'd love to work on it more.

Posted Image

Transparent background, adapts according to BG Color

Posted Image

Gives a carved out effect.

these are just plain text effects, if you are interested. I'll add more effects to make this look more professional.

Edited by livingston (see edit history)

Ahhh it's the 25th of April. :) You said that you might extend the deadline to the 30th. This would be such a good "design challenge"! I'm going to enter. But not now. :ph34r:

You know why? These are so good. There's a few too many specifications so I will leave it to a later date.

(Okay, I am just procrastinating the fact that I have a lot of homework.)