xisto Community
olie122333

Ms Databases

Hello,
I can make my own MS Access database, but can anyone tell me how to make a password gate that checks the user info with the database?

Olie122333

;)

What do you mean by password gate? and on what platform and what programming language you intent to use to write this?

yes, you should give us more infos.I guess that you want to create your own application, using a MS database. And you want that application to first check the user password.However, we need more details. What else do you have ? Do you have a webserver ?And do the people directly type on the keyboard attached to your PC, or do you have a webserver with a PHP application ?RegardsYordan

if want to set the password to the MS Access database, go to the databse properties and set the password. You can set different passwords for viewing and editing.

I assume that by a Password Gate you refer to a Login Screen where you input your username and password and if all data are correct you can enter your application right???? Well, as the other members post before you can do it in various ways:

With a MS Access Form directly in your database.

With any MS programming language.

With PHP running on a webserver like Apache or IIS.

With ASP, ASP.net running on IIS webserver.

With a Java application, i'm not pretty sure of this option because i don't use it.

In either way you want to do it, please give us more information to help you.

Best regards,

Is there some reason you *want* to use access? SQL Server 2005 express is MUCH more functional and can be redistributed with your application.FOr that matter, is there some reason you want to use a SQL-server based data storage backend at all? I mean, seeing as how that will confine you to running the app on windows and all...

Yes you can create a Main Form, add ThreeFields (1- Username, 2- Password, 3-Clock), You can set User Name and Password and a specific Time for Each User as from 6:00 to 7:00 user1 and from 7:00 to 7:30 user2 as on, if time is between 6:00 to 7:00 user 1 can open and edit the database after 7:00 the database will automatically close and exit and user1 can not enter the database when his time is over then the other use can enter and use the database, so you will know on which time which user is using your database.