xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Credit Transfer And Rewards

I have several questions about the credits in Xisto/Xisto and I would like these question to be answered before I do something rash that may endanger my hosting account and/or get my credits revoked ;)1. Are contests awarding credits allowed?2. Can I charge credits for services being performed on Xisto/Xisto?3. Can I charge credits for services being performed OUTSIDE of Xisto/Xisto with hosted members?4. Is it possible to obtain a credit refund?That's all I need to know right now. I was wondering about performing a service that people would usually charge money for but instead I'll charge credits. But I need some clarification first.

As far as I know, you are free to do whatever you want with your credits. That's exactly why there is such option. So, to answer your questions:1. Yes2. Yes. However, you must take into consideration that Xisto won't be responsible for any transaction deals. So, if you get scammed, there's nothing we can do about it.3. Yes, and again, it is just between you and the customer.4. NoIf I am wrong, please correct me ;)

As for Answer #2, we have a mechanism to prevent such scamming. We have a Credit Bank, where your client should transfer the credits once you strike up the deal. We'll act as an Escrow Service and hold the credits for you till both parties (yourself and your client) mutually agree that the work is completed and that the credits should be rewarded to you. However, there's a nominal transfer fee of 3% of each transaction, i.e. you loose out on 3% everytime those credits are bounced around.

You should only progress with the work ONLY when the client has agreed to this. If you set-up a direct transfer routine (to avoid the transfer charges), then we cannot be held responsible if you get scammed ;) In any case, even during a direct transfer from your client to yourself, you still loose 3%.

Hey this thing would be really good for non technical person like me as i could post to asta as much as i can and buy some service from the service provide like solving an error or even making an entire small site ,it would be really good to the technical people too who would get lot of credits readily available because of the technical knowledge they can apply, may be a section for jobs should also be added to these forums for making freelancing a section of the forum

So where can I find this credit bank thingy?And if we lose 3% of credits when we transfer to the other person, why NOT use the credit bank? ;)I'm interested in performing a job for Xisto members so that I can earn credits instead of money. Credits are more critical and valuable right now ;)

So where can I find this credit bank thingy?

On the Credit Transfer page. There you have to enter your forum information and the member's username you are transferring the credits to. If you want to use the bank, just type in BANK in the "To" field.

And if we lose 3% of credits when we transfer to the other person, why NOT use the credit bank? ;)

Sometimes it is not necessary to complicate things, e.g. if you just want to be generous ;)

Erm...so my "customer" transfers to the credit bank, and how will I get those credits if they are satisfied?1. How do I know the credits are in the bank?2. How do you figure out whose credits are for who if the username is BANK?3. How do I get the credits?4. Wouldn't credits get mixed up with the username BANK? Is there a bank manager?

Here you go...

1. You'll have to confirm with us that the credits are indeed in place (in the bank). I think OpaQue had set-up an email notification system - but that's just for direct member --> member transfers.

2. There's no way of knowing who are the credits for.. but we do know the amount of credits stored in the bank. Your best bet here is to inform one of the admins once you've completed negotiations and the credits have been stashed in the bank. That way we can always keep a track.

3. Once you've completed the job, your client has to use the AWARD Credits link to transfer them out of the bank into your account.

4. Nope credits wouldn't get mixed up coz we have individual logs of every person who stores credits to the bank - along with the amount stored.