xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yoofus

The 'uh....nah' Phrase

I hate it when people say uh....nah instead of no. They think that they are really cool by copying 'My Wife and Kids'. Most of them can't even do the cool little action things properly. It used to be funny when Mike and Jay said it on TV but now its jut annoying. :);):)B)

I kind of agree with you. I sometimes say uhuh for yes but I have never said nu uh (or whatever it is). I barely understand what people are trying to say, I would prefer it if people didn't say it but if they wanna be cool and speak lyk dis then it's their life and I just block them if they speak to me like that. :)

yoofus, I am getting the idea you don't like slang.

64825[/snapback]

I like slang but it is really annoying when people at school keep saying 'uh....nah' and trying to copy the actions that the people on My Wife And Kids do.

Yoofus

thats sort of like napoleon dynamite. after that movie people copy the phrases form that like crazy. i dont go one day without hearing one of them... some things people dont understand when to stop saying, but it will eventually die down. so just give it time and those people will stop saying that stuff

Yeah, copying phrases from popular shows and movies can be funny at first, but it will get annoying later on. Take David Chappelle for instance, after his Lil' Jon episode, EVERYONE at my school starting going "YEAAAAAAAH!", "OKAAAY!", and "HA-WHAAAT?!".But it will die down if given enough time. :)

Isn't it Nah - uhhh instead uf Uh - nah? It is pretty annoying, but fun to annoy your friends with :) I mean, when your doing an imitation of those people who try to immitate it, it can be funny.

Isn't it Nah - uhhh instead uf Uh - nah? It is pretty annoying, but fun to annoy your friends with :) I mean, when your doing an imitation of those people who try to immitate it, it can be funny.

64862[/snapback]

Nah uh is the original one, but on that TV show they say uh....nah