xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

3rd Best Networker In The State!

Hey,I'm happy to announce that Thursday, I was in a Computer Network Technology competition against 35 or so other students from state high schools, career centers and joint vocational schools. The competition (closest compareson is the CompTIA Network+ exam) was challenging, but I thought it was easy. Students all around my state (I think even a few held Network+ certs) who competed in the State Competition had to beat a few people in Regionals.Out of the top 10, I'm glad to say I'm #3 in the state! So now I get to study more and move on to Nationals in NYC! Trust me, this is a real honor. I think I might even take my Network+ cert between now and Nationals... after all, my study materials have been Network+ study guides and practice exams!All of this is for an organization I'm enrolled in at my career center called Business Professionals of America. In the end, I think I have a good chance at earning some really good scholarships! ;)I love networking! ;) Who knew that being this big of a geek could get me this far? ;) [N]F

Well, honestly I don't know anything about this competition, but you seem to have done very well and seem quite excited about it. So.....congratulations are in order! And...good luck on the...National competition. : )

Well...congrats! Looked and did not see when the NYC finals are to be. You don't want us to sit on the edge of our seats forever! :-) So, when are the NYC finals?Thanks,Cathy S

Congrats on making it to the Nationals nightfox. Networking is a popular field in the business world, so I'm sure it will pay off in the long run. Where is it going to be held in NYC? Just curious since I live in NY :ph34r:

Congrats on making it to the Nationals nightfox. Networking is a popular field in the business world, so I'm sure it will pay off in the long run. Where is it going to be held in NYC? Just curious since I live in NY :ph34r:

New York City... where the actual event will be, I don't know. I'm going to be all over the city with my small group. Yeah, I like networking a lot. Next year, I plan on entering a competition called Network Design Team. You're given a task and have to design a network. I think that's what you do, but I'll have to double check. I know there is also a presentation involved as well.

State as in the United States? or State as in an invidual state?
xboxrulz

State as in the State of Ohio. That's why I'm going to nationals, which is the entire United States and I have to compete against the top 5 out of 17 or so states, assuming each of the member states send 5 people from the networking competition at the state level.

[N]F

WOOOT~! Great! You must be very proud!

One thing I have to ask though, is whether the competition is that big.

Because I myself have had no computer achievement as great as that. Maybe it's because I'm only in high school...with a High Distinction for a computer competiton. :ph34r: Still good, I suppose.

Oh wait, stupid me. You say that there are 35 competitors (3rd is still great)...but do these competitiors get specially selected to enter the competition?

Oh wait, stupid me. You say that there are 35 competitors (3rd is still great)...but do these competitiors get specially selected to enter the competition?

Process of elimination:
ROUND 1: Regionals... only the first and second place advance to States. 3-5 get medals and certificates. 1&2 get plaques, medals, and certificates.
ROUND 2: States... 1-3 get trophies and medals. 4-10 get medals. Only 1-5 advance to Nationals.

I hope that clears some confusion up.

[N]F