xisto Community
wutske

How Long Do You Work on your pc

In the 'How Long Do You Spend Online' topic we can see that internet is very addictive (same goes for me ;) ). Seems like a lot of hours are spent on being online, but how long do you actualy work (like doing stuff for your work at your work or at home, of doing school stuff ) on your computer ?I'll start; monday, thuesday, thursday and friday; always at least 2,5 hours (during sessions at school + lunch break)During the week, lets say rougly 1 hours per day (some day I work 2 hours, other days I work only a few minutes).During the weekend it could range between 3-8 hours, depending on how much I have to do.

For me, i'm a SOHO programmer. Basically the PC is my life. I spend most of my time on it, excluding meal time, sleeping time and of cause dating time. I even watch movie on it.That should amount to around at least 12hours minimum per day. Might seems a lot, but it's my life, and I love it. Anytime i'm not around a pc, i feel weird, and don't know want else i want to do, hehe

School and at home, I probably spend about 5 hours a day on the computer. I have two computer classes at school, so that's two hours a day, plus I get on and do schoolwork and other stuff on here about three more hours at some point during the rest of that day. Weekends just depend on how much time I have, what needs to be done, and what else I have to do pretty much.

Actual school work I probably spend about two maybe three hours on the computer per day. Entertainment things though, I spend much more time doing. If I'm working on drawing a piece of art on the computer, then I'll probably spend about 4-5 hours on that a day until I finish it. That's...just...mainly because I'm a bit slow at colouring for some reason. If I decided to play WoW....well......gosh, that's a whole other story. : )

Since I switched to broadband, you can find me online 24 x 7. The actual amount of time I devote to honest work fluctuates quite a lot. On somedays, I even tend to kill sleep and continue with the coding stuffs. Then again, there are days when I just surf the wiki pages.Similar to what faulty.lee said, my Computer is my life and I devote every bit of time that I can, deducting the time lost @ college and other stuffs.

i love to work on computer for hours actually there were days when i sat on computer for say 18 hrs a day and my mom had to literally make me sleep or else i would have become a zombie by now,but i really loved those days ,now as i am expanding my business offline i dont get much time and i have also moved to university and i have a hell lot of study. but really computers are wonderful thing that has happen to me ,you can sit on computer and work for say hours of it and never get bored ,but obviously you should have inspiring goals in front of you ,there is also a disadvantage working on computer that most of time we get carried away and waste a lot of time then we work on the pc ,pcs are meant to be wonderful stuff ,the creativity in flow i get when i am programming is really what i love ,but i feel my those days are gone as now my most of the time goes in managment and i have given my programming job to freelancer,i would soon move away from this forum too.because i would them like to move to a paid host .pc's are also a hell lot addictive ,even while playing games on gets so engrossed that i simply wanna keep on playing and not to move away from screen even for a second ,there was also time that i became so engrossed in pcs that i started losing touch with my friends,but gladly i was able to put up brakes on the right time ;)

Oh gosh. XD The amount of time I spend working on the computer varies. Right now, I have classes that require me to do a lot of word processing, so I spend at least two hours. Then there's also the time when I do volunteer work, which usually takes a lot longer, as I become so engrossed in it I completely lose track of time.

Most of the time when I'm at the computer, however, are spent for entertainment - blogs, deviantART, looking for new apps to play with, here. =) I spend a lot of time on web designs and graphics, because I have a perfectionist attitude that doesn't let me leave a project until it looks perfect. It's really horrible sometimes. (You should see me in art class! I'm always the last person to finish because of this.)

my mom had to literally make me sleep or else i would have become a zombie by now

Hey! That's true for me a lot of the time too! I just can't tear myself away, whether I'm working or playing. XD My parents almost threaten to cut off my Internet access because of all the time I spend online.

Serena

About 5-6 hours is my habit. I just love computers. I spend most of the time on it but just because of school, the time is lessened but during the weekend, you will find me the whole day at my computer.

Probably up to 8 hours a day, averaged over a week. some days it might be 4, other days 12 or 15 hours. Depends on deadlines and pressing projects.

It usually depends for me. I never have a specific amount of time where I am working. Guess I'd say about 1-2 hours per day is working, though it will be rather more quite soon.

I spend a lot of time in front of my computer. I enjoy it a lot,,,I basically work all the time...from twelve hours I would work 10 hours,,just doing research,,because that is my work right now..I am studing online..and I would count that as working also..And Yess, I would put 2 hours to reviewing and replying to my mails..Now, that I think it better, I will have to take 1 hour from my working hours to chatting...In total I would count 9 hours working, 2 hours mailing and 1 hour chatting...

I do a bit of Freelance work mainly for now so it's hard to say.But as of right now, probably 2-4 hours per day. And if you include maintaining house while not actively in work, throw that up another 2 hours or so, roughly.

Varies greatly. I'd say on average 2-3 hrs of real work. Espically in mid week. I spend like eerm..8 hrs online average. Not much working...hopefully I start working more on it. My time REALLY varies greatly. My whole life does. Sometimes I am still online but away from the PC house cleaning...that's like 2 hrs lately.

Edited by SilverFox (see edit history)