xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ginginca

Attn Users Of Background Music Files

I have been working on a royalty-free music background site at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and have started uploading my inventory of music.

If you have a few minutes ... can you see if there are any previews missing?

Also, there are some freebies in there but not many yet. Help yourself of course to the free stuff. I'm not concerned about the small size of the inventory. I have hundreds to add. It will just take me a while to get them all uploaded.

Next ... if I can take a quick survey to help with my research ... if you purchase music for backgrounds (videos, web sites, podcasts etc.) what style or catagory of music do you look for?

I have tons here and want to know where to focus my efforts.

Thanks.

Gin

background for web site? it seems flash web thing and you are a flash developer.sorry to say that... i really hate background music specially the long one (in webbies). so when i'm creating flash site i just limit my the bg music in click and hover (links only) - which you don't need to purchase, just record some noise at street or in any place that make some noise or sound you wanted, add some beat and that's it - a cool bg.if you can play a musical equipment and sing very well, it's totally free!on other subject - most pro players i've seen did some things, mostly related in video editing and podcast.

if you can play a musical equipment and sing very well, it's totally free!

So you're saying that the sites that sell music don't sell much?

And that most people can already write and record music themselves?

Does your average person have thousands invested in pro music gear?

Yeah ... right!

...Does your average person have thousands invested in pro music gear?

hmm... yeah! but they are not part of my average person lolz.
beside the facts that they are highly creative and can do things you've pay for free.

anyway i just ask 10 webby people not part in my territory - 7 admit that "they just borrow and bought 2nd hand???", 2 bought elsewhere (offline) and 1 on the net, but no specific web site. 6 of them tells retro, rap, techno and 4 stated that just for buttons no specific category.

hmm... yeah! but they are not part of my average person lolz.beside the facts that they are highly creative and can do things you've pay for free.

anyway i just ask 10 webby people not part in my territory - 7 admit that "they just borrow and bought 2nd hand???", 2 bought elsewhere (offline) and 1 on the net, but no specific web site. 6 of them tells retro, rap, techno and 4 stated that just for buttons no specific category.

What is it they borrow and bought 2nd hand?