xisto Community
nightfox1405241487

Browsing Linux Easily Whats the SSH Alternative?

Hi,What is the alternative to SSH that is more graphical like Windows Explorer but one side is the local computer and the other side is the Linux server and it allows you to drag & drop and easily move files?I really need it as I had a server that suffered an apache crash and I have to restore my httpd.conf file and it would be easier to copy and paste from Notepad and then upload it to the server.Thanks![N]F

There's SSH explorers. One I have used is Filezilla FTP on Windows because it supports SSH/SCP connections and is easy to use just for basic file edits/transfers etc, it can also allow you to open up a box where you can manually issue commands if needs be, so you're not at a complete loss if you need more advance means.Most GUI FTP clients on Linux have this ability too. I'm sure there's others but I prefer CLI because I can do more a lot faster.Cheers,MC

EDIT: I found it!!! WinSCP!

Yes, WinSCP is currently very popular.personnally, I prefer FileZilla client, simply remember to define your site as a ssh/scp site.
Also, for Linux command lines (iostat, vmstat, ping, etc...) I use "putty", which is a ssh client.