xisto Community
Zlash

Warcraft Iii it was great in the beginning and it still is

Warcraft III is like one of the best tactical games ever. Online gaming rocks and even though World of Warcraft and loads of other games have come out, people still play Warcraft III. I didn't know that people still played it first, but I got a big surprise when I saw how many. I have a question though:

Q: Blizzard doesn't update the game anymore do they? There aren't any tournaments goin on and things like that?

I think Blizzard is focused on the cash cow known as World of Warcraft. That's the game that's making them their money these days. Personally I've never played the game, but know quite a few of people that flunked college and lost a job because of it.

That's true, blizzard it seems is only developing their online game World of Warcraft, because with 6 million monthly subscribers, it's where the money is. I'm a great fan of Diablo II and Starcraft, there aren't any signs of any updates or a Diablo III any sooner. Besides, they've just released the World of Warcraft expansion set, so you see the line they're taking.

i have played warcraft 3 for ages and its the best game! but sadly, as far as i know there is no support for it anymore and blizzard is not supporting it anymore. such a shame! and i haven't really fallen for the WoW craze like millions of others!we'll just have to stick to the game we love best!-jimmy

Did any of you actually do any research before sprouting such comments? The last patch, 1.21a is from January the 22nd THIS year. For a game that has been released the july the 5th of 2002, I think it's rather remarkable it is still getting support. Sure there hasn't been a patch every week (as it is not needed), but not even 2 months ago a patch was dispatched (har har) for a 5 year old game and people start crying already.While their focus may seem to be on World of Warcraft (as they have none other recent releases), a new starcraft release is imminent.

Supporting Alegis's statement, as Blizzard still does updates the game which is about half a decade old. Even though as Warcraft 3's population as waned and World of Warcraft's population is still enormous, you can bet that much of World of Warcraft's success is based on Warcraft 3's. And the custom maps of Warcraft 3 is still very much alive, mainly on the most popular one, Defense of the Ancients. Till now its still the most hosted map in Battle.Net. Hey, I'm still playing it now.So, I believe that Warcraft 3 is still very much alive and supported by Blizzard still, as for tournaments, I periodically saw some being shown on the Battle.Net news page,

Me and my friends play War3 all the time at the internet cafe by our school. People are still making custom maps for it so it is still loved by players. Isn't Blizzard busy with the new Starcraft and Diablo games? I hope they make a new Warcraft game with new storylines and stuff to continue the series.

Q: Blizzard doesn't update the game anymore do they? There aren't any tournaments goin on and things like that? A: Blizzard do update the game. There are tournaments everyday!I am now playing warcraft 3 really regulary i play warcraft 3 custom map named FOOTMEN FRENZY!Its is a Footmen Wars map for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne made predominately by TheBigGame (formerly known as HatoUP), Metal.Bark, Cattlebruiser, and the rest of the Clan NoHunters team. The current official version is 5.3. Players start the map in one of the four corners, along with up to two other teammates. The objective of the game is to defend your barracks whilst trying to destroy the other teams' barracks. The barracks (upgradable to four different tiers) spawn units, starting with Footmen, and is also used to upgrade your army and revive heroes. You can visit my site about this game!It is updating now and soon will be released FOOTMEN FRENZY 6.0!Hope you are interested! Try to play!