xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JJBDude

The "your Mum" Phrase

Doesn't this just bug you? When you have little kids trying to act all hard and cool by saying things like "How about you tell your mum that?" and "I love your mum". it's getting old now and I am starting to get cheesed off about it. Whenever now someone says to be something about my mum I will look them in the eyes and say "My mum is dead.....". This always startles them and they stop. :)

If someone says something like, "You *BLEEP*ed your mom!" I reply with "Yeah, she's great"Hell, it's nasty as *BLEEP*, but it shuts em up :)

I think this discussion is about the word mum, not mom. Same meaning but a slightly different sound. :)

This is what I found out from my high school:1) "She's great"2) "...., your mother"3) "I *uc* you mom last night and it was great"And usually I ignore them, if not, I say "that doesn't work on me, you fool!". I find it useless and showing that the kids only wanted to "show off" which I find very immature and very stupid.Who the hell came up w/ this?xboxrulz

I hear these stupid "jokes" all the time. In most cases, I just don't bother to respond. They're just used by kids who can't think up any original jokes. Either that, or kids who can't thinking about their friends'moms. Now just think about it as if it were literal for a moment. Who in their right mind would want to make love to their friend's mom, or anyone's mom for that matter? Well, I guess Sigmund Freud's theory wasn't as half-baked as I thought (if you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry). :)

Some of my friends use this but say "your mom" instead of "your mum" because i'm in the U.S.It does get very annoying and I hear it no less than 15 times a day. Whats worse is that other people are starting to use it ugh and I'm a seinor. Mabye its to just fill up time when they can't think of anything to say.

Hello Op! It's good to see someone I refered in the forums. As for the phrase, it's quite bizzare, because someone mentioned to me today about the mother insulting being used too much, after reading a book :).

I read a neat book the other day in Barnes & Noble called "SNAPS" by Stephen Dweck and Monteria Ivey. Not only does it provide a veritable arsenal of "Yo Momma" jokes, but it also provides some fascinating background on the whole custom of "snapping"/"playing the dozens." If you've ever got some loose change lying around, be sure to pick up a copy! I believe there are sequels... aptly titled "DOUBLE SNAPS" and "TRIPLE SNAPS."Nothing hits home like a good old "your mum" joke!

Oh... sorry, just had to add this: In the old preteen novel "The Eye, the Ear, and the Arm," I remember a boy in an African tribe goaded another one into a fight by making two mounds out of earth and then kicking one over. The dirt heaps symbolized the other boy's momma's boobs... and kicking one over meant, well... kicking one over. Next time one of your mates thinks he's fantastically clever by snapping a "your mum" joke on you, you know what you have to do :). (Find some dirt...)