xisto Community
issdiscovery04

Help On Picking A Laptop

The Dell XPS series has Core 2 Duo with 7900 Ge Force cards. Their warranty is good for the parts, tech support over the phone could be frustrating for the experienced. A good brand name if that means anything to you. Not to mention the XPS notebooks have a cool case design IMHO.

One Word: AppleLaptops has been the area that Apple has been dominating for years. I'm not sure what video cards they are bundling these days, but generally it has been close to their PC rivials (if not the exact same thing) and now they are all Core Duo processors on the MacBook series. Plus the new magnetic power adaptor rocks. If someone trips over your cord while pugged in, your laptop doesn't go with it. (I had that happen to a 12" powerbook once and that cost $800 in repairs)

The Dell XPS M170 has such a graphics card, the laptop is designed for gaming and it even comes with a warranty especialy made for gamers ;) . Something that might help you is some sort of magazine, they sometimes review a bunch of laptops and it's a good way to get to learn some new brands (wich surprisingly offer good stuff for 'unknown' companies).Try looking in the database on notebookreview.com

I think, that it will help us a lot, if you explain us, for what are you planning to use the laptop, you plan to buy. From my point of view if you plan to buy it,,mainly for games, then you will probably spend a lot of money and wont enjoy the full potencial of the game..If it is for gaming, I would advice you to buy a desktop machine better, with superb sound..Nowadays, games just dont strain graphics cards but the sound cards also..It is amazin how a game can change with the proper sound system....Well,,as I said before. Share with us the purpose of the laptop you plan to buy..That will help us a lot...cheers

I think, that it will help us a lot, if you explain us, for what are you planning to use the laptop, you plan to buy. From my point of view if you plan to buy it,,mainly for games, then you will probably spend a lot of money and wont enjoy the full potencial of the game..If it is for gaming, I would advice you to buy a desktop machine better, with superb sound..Nowadays, games just dont strain graphics cards but the sound cards also..It is amazin how a game can change with the proper sound system....Well,,as I said before. Share with us the purpose of the laptop you plan to buy..That will help us a lot...cheers

My guess is that he goes to many lanparties. In that case, it's realy handy when you can carry everything in a small backpack.
The fact is when notebooks are made for gaming, they usualy fail on every other aspect. They're not compact, they aren't realy silent, the battery life-time isn't super-be (even when not gaming) and they get hot, but they're great for gaming ;) .