xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demolaynyc

Coding Asp In Javascript

I read in w3schools.com that you can code in Javascript rather than VBscript in making ASP pages. All you have to do is to put the following line at the top of the page: <%@ language="Javascript" %>I don't like VBScript because it's just too confusing and I know a lot about Jscript. Coding in ASP with JS would be really cool and helpful so is it really possible? Can anyone help me with this?What I mean is that I want to use these kind of syntax: "document.write" instead of "response.write" and "function hello(){}" instead of "private sub hello() end sub"Is it possible?

Visual Basic is the easiest High Level programming language to understand and code. VBScript is based on the VB language, it include the functionality of VB but lacks in some core functions that deal with system internals.JavaScript is a powerful scripting language for client based scripting, it dosen't has more functionality than VBScript in serverside. VBScript lacks the client side scripting capability and lags behind Java Script in this regard.VBScript being a cropped version of Visual Basic can handle the various serverside components for ASP and access the Microsoft Component and provide more flexibilty than Javascript. So it is better to code ASP codes with VBScript rather than Javascript.But you can use javasript for handling client side operations like validation and VBScript for serverside processing.