xisto Community
Randle Densmore Jr.

Cool Things For Your Site?

Yes, I am new at this stuff and I want to make a good site. So I am asking you all to please reply to this and give me good ideas as well as the code that goes with it. Or you could reply and give me sites for music, games, videos, or just plain graphics for a website. Thank YouP.S.: Please don't just reply on the games....

Hey Randle,

Go on Zymic. That website should help you, it helped me when I was a beginner website designer / webmaster.

Yoofus.

if you want a guestbook try http://www.my-gb.com/ also if you want a radio try this code

<script language=JavaScript><!--var playerRandom = (new Date()).getTime();document.write('<object classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" type="application/x-oleobject" width="180" height="53" vspace="0" border="0" standby="Loading Microsoft® Windows® Media Player components..." id="MediaPlayer1">');  document.write('<param name="AudioStream" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="AutoSize" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="AutoStart" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="AnimationAtStart" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="AllowScan" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="AllowChangeDisplaySize" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="AutoRewind" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="Balance" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="BufferingTime" value="10">');  document.write('<param name="CaptioningID" value>');  document.write('<param name="ClickToPlay" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="CursorType" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="CurrentPosition" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="CurrentMarker" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="DefaultFrame" value>');  document.write('<param name="DisplayBackColor" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="DisplayForeColor" value="16777215">');  document.write('<param name="DisplayMode" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="DisplaySize" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="Enabled" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="EnableContextMenu" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="EnablePositionControls" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="EnableFullScreenControls" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="EnableTracker" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="Filename" value="http://funkylion.co.uk:8128">');  document.write('<param name="InvokeURLs" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="Language" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="Mute" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="PlayCount" value="1">');  document.write('<param name="PreviewMode" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="Rate" value="1">');  document.write('<param name="SAMILang" value>');  document.write('<param name="SAMIStyle" value>');  document.write('<param name="SAMIFileName" value>');  document.write('<param name="SelectionStart" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="SelectionEnd" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="SendOpenStateChangeEvents" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="SendWarningEvents" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="SendErrorEvents" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="SendKeyboardEvents" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="SendMouseClickEvents" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="SendMouseMoveEvents" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="SendPlayStateChangeEvents" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="ShowCaptioning" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="ShowControls" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="ShowAudioControls" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="ShowGotoBar" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="ShowPositionControls" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="ShowTracker" value="-1">');  document.write('<param name="TransparentAtStart" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="VideoBorderWidth" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="VideoBorderColor" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="VideoBorder3D" value="0">');  document.write('<param name="Volume" value="-200">');  document.write('<param name="WindowlessVideo" value="0">');document.write('</object>');//-->  </SCRIPT>

templates freelayouts.com
games miniclip.com i think
music dnt no?????
hope this helps mate

i suggest that you use something like postnuke or phpnuke. they are complete website solutions that you can get for free from various places and they have things like forums, gallery, news, downloads, links, guestbook, pretty much anything you want because they have modules you can download and add onto it. there are thousands of themes you can download for it too. hope this is some help :)

I think you should go ahead and try http://www.phpscripts.com/. They have good and free php scripts in there for almost everything you need in your website. And they also have flash scripts for your flash animations but the thing is that the flash scripts you will see in there are mostly basic ones and not much scripting in them. Those types anyone can design by him/herself.

But try it anywayz, I believe that you will surely get something useful from in there.

One thing in particular that I think is great and very easy for beginners to use is a forum. You can use the phpBB forum provided by Xisto in the cPanel.

phpBB = phpBulletinBoards ; php = a web scripting language. Just in case you didn't know.

I don't even know how to write php, but was able to make an excellent forum with the phpBB service. And it is customizable too.

I learned mostly everything I know about web design by View > Source of other sites (and a LOT of trial and error). I think that by working with the templates (.tpl) files in a forum, if you create one, will be a useful experience.

Also, search engines picked-up my forum pages before the main part of my site (for some reason I don't know). So if you have a forum, you will probably get more hits from search engines. Another reason why is that forums collect a lot of information and search engines add them. Xisto is of course and excellent example of this.

learn CSS. I think they have a few good tutroials here you can take a look at.

I noticed that everyone responded with php sites but your post didn't mention if you knew php. I think you might get better info if you could explain if your looking for php, javascript or flash apps and games. may be able to help you out.
round

so i just looked back at this post and noticed that you are hosted by Xisto.com. so in your control panel there is a crap load of scripts that you can install. all of them will automatically be installed for you too. did you already look through them and not find any of your interest?