xisto Community
Rokuso

I Need Help With Javascript. help plz

Well, I want to learn to code in JavaScript, but when I try to view the page in Firefox, it dosen't work. Can anyone tell me why its not working? Do i need to use a different browser?

Few question here:
1. Can you paste the code that's in your page here, so we can have a look and see what's wrong with it?
2. How you view your page? directly opening it or via a web server?
3. If via web server, is it run locally or using hosting like Xisto?

After you answer these few question, then we can help you further to solve your problem

Well, I want to learn to code in JavaScript, but when I try to view the page in Firefox, it dosen't work. Can anyone tell me why its not working? Do i need to use a different browser?

Maybe in your firefox the javascript support is inactive, simply check your preferences and active it, also, if you dont post your code we can not be able to see if the problem is your code and not your browser.
Best regards,

Do i need to use a different browser?

Ugh, definitely not. It is a rule of thumb - if something you've made doesn't work properly in all browsers, then it needs fixing. Of course, do try other browsers as well, but don't skip any.

Javasript is browser dependent, all functions will not work with all browsers, some have different syntax for differnt browsers.

To ease your work you can get JavaScript libraries like AJason

Edited by livingston (see edit history)

When talking about javascript, most people should really refer to it as ECMAScript which is the official standard that combines Javascript (Netscape) and JScript (Microsoft). I think it also covers ActionScript but it's been a while since I read the specification (EMCAScript-262).I wouldn't say it's browser dependant but more like the scripting language used by certain browsers are proprietary methods, however all native objects should work, it's usually the functions/methods that aren't all supported.Cheers,MC

Fetch data from editor?

I Need Help With Javascript.

I want make a preview popup

In that case I can fetch all data from parent window but there is an editor,I can't fetch data from that editor.I tried in this way

Document.GetElementById('Event_Name').InnerHTML= window.Opener.Document.Attachedform.Event_name.Value;

'Event_Name' is my child window's div id where I want to show data from parent window.

'attachedform' is my parent window form name and 'event_name' is my parent window's textbox name.

This above coding is workingin the case of textbox but not working in the case of that editor.

Please help me any body it is very argent.

-question by sarbasish