xisto Community
ginginca

Experimenting - Can You Comment?

At http://www.3buckaudio.com/ we have added an audio greeting using a different way than we have done in the past.

I'm wondering it you can visit the site and let me know about the loading time.

There's no pause/stop buttons yet as we are experimenting with it. But it's only a 60 second greeting.

Can you let me know if it starts to PLAY immediately when you click the button?

Kindest thanks for your help!

At http://www.3buckaudio.com/ we have added an audio greeting using a different way than we have done in the past.
I'm wondering it you can visit the site and let me know about the loading time.

There's no pause/stop buttons yet as we are experimenting with it. But it's only a 60 second greeting.

Can you let me know if it starts to PLAY immediately when you click the button?

Kindest thanks for your help!

I just visit the site and only to say that every thing works fine, it starts inmediately when click the play button.

Best regards,

Hey Gingica,All seemed fine over here also, its a good idea you have.Can I ask who is doing the site design? and making it for you? because I can see a lot of errors in the HTML most prolly thrown up by a dodgy design program.If I wasnt SOO manic and hectic busy atm I would offer you my services for a few hours to make you a better functioning site, maybe I could in a couple of weeks when I have finished the site I am working on.P.s. I see you got the pic of the 3 dollars ;)Marky;)

Nope, the audio doesn't start automatically for me, because I have dial-up. But that's OK; with dial-up, hardly anything loads on time, if you add any special media to it. I won't bother with the "streamlining" lecture, because you deal with converting ebooks to audio, so I guess having a bit of audio is fine.

However, as Mark420 said, the HTML should be fixed. I use Mozilla Firefox. The first testimonials box is out of place, due to the image above it pushing it to the side. There's also the thing about centred text. Do NOT center your text! It was the first thing we learnt in our communications technology class in high school. It doesn't look good, especially with the bulleted list. Stick to left or justified - they're the ones users are most comfortable with.

Also, you should redesign your page. It has the "look" of sites that promote those weird little "get rich quick by using our free ebook service" sites. I come across these, and I feel as if all it is is a promo, and I should not trust it. Spend a little more time or money (or both, because, as they say, "time is money") to create a nicer, more professional layout. If your customers trust you, it's going to be worth the redesign.

Serena

Down at the bottom of the page, there are four separate Audio clips which can all be played at the same time. I discovered this accidently.You might want to control them to allow only one at a time.

Down at the bottom of the page, there are four separate Audio clips which can all be played at the same time. I discovered this accidently.You might want to control them to allow only one at a time.

yeah, i found the same thing also but i could get all five of the streams to go at the same time (the last four plus the main demo) The first intro loaded very quickly on my connection (512mb/s - theoretical(it never is!!)) and the four at the bottom of the page started instantly by the time i had scrolled down there!

i know its probably been said before, but a good rule of thumb in web design is to never have anything go over a page long, visitors wont want to scroll for ages to get to something down the page. If you must have a longer page, use anchor links to get back to the top or to particular points (take this page as an example, it has the back to top links under every post!!)

congratulations and good luck
-jimmy