xisto Community
OpaQue

Astahost Forums Now Ads Free! No More annoying Ads on AstaHost Forums

Dear Members,I am pleased to announce that due to tremendous success with Xisto - Web Hosting.com, We are now pleased to offer our members the new AD-FREE Forums for our Members. Registered members will no longer have to tolerate the annoying ads.However, We also request our members to promote our Paid Web Hosting Service (https://xisto.com/).Please give us your feedback about our decision.-Xisto Management

Well, the ads weren't that bad, especially the ones with the Fart button.. lolBut seriously, its a good move, as the page load times have improved significantly. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the ads were back up and running, if that ensures the continued consistency and excellence that Xisto is offering.As for promoting Xisto - Web Hosting is concerned, I'll definitely do my bit. Are there any particular methods of doing that, by the way? I won't mind having a banner for Xisto - Web Hosting on my site.Regards,Max.

As turbo already said, I wouldn't mind having ads if that is necessary for maintaining the current quality of Xisto hosting service. But is sure is much better this way ;) Good work, OpaQue ;)

I never minded the ads, however, I really hated that stupid popup whenever I load the front page, it really annoyed me.
xboxrulz

Have you spent all the Canadian Tire Money yet? I need some stuff from there if you have extra... ;)

And the Xisto Forums are Ad-free as well now... that's great for the dial-up folks. Nice work Opaque. Thanks.

Well i never mind the ads and never bother me because i think that it is a true way to support the site, only to say THANKS FOR THE CHANGE and the new forum interface is really cool.Best regards,

Well Done Opaque-Its good to know that Xisto - Web Hosting is doing well ;)))Ive been watching the update program on Trap and on here and I must say i REALLY like the new forum design and the fact that its now ad free..well thats the icing on the cake!!3 Cheers for all things Xisto related!!!Marky;)

Hey Opaque! Great to hear that Xisto - Web Hosting is doing good. I recommended it anytime some one asked my recomendation for webhost. I would tell them - "Look, I got a Free Host, and their service is great. At the very least, even their paid service would be as good."(Ofcourse, that would lead me to explain them, when to go for a Free Host option and when to go for Paid Host - that is when they do not have time/energy to spend on the forum).I think I will be shifting to Xisto - Web Hosting soon. I still have about 3 months worth credit stacked up here at Xisto. So, if all goes according to plans (you never know ;) ), I will be hosting my sites over at Xisto - Web Hosting servers. ;)Anyway, I am glad too that the ads are off. Some ads seemed not to be office friendly, that too lately. I avoided visiting the forums when I was at office and only visited it when I was at home. Now, it is great, clean and sleek - that too, after the forum upgrade.Again, I would not mind if you had to put ads back on the forum. I could live with that.

The only ads that I didn’t like were the ones that expanded to half the screen when you moused over them. I never really paid that much attention to them but I think one of the worst offenders was Circuit City. Besides that one I have learned to mentally block ads and not pay attention to them.

Have you spent all the Canadian Tire Money yet? I need some stuff from there if you have extra... ;)
And the Xisto Forums are Ad-free as well now... that's great for the dial-up folks. Nice work Opaque. Thanks.

lol, I haven't been to CanTire in years.

xboxrulz

Dear Members,
I am pleased to announce that due to tremendous success with Xisto - Web Hosting.com, We are now pleased to offer our members the new AD-FREE Forums for our Members. Registered members will no longer have to tolerate the annoying ads.

However, We also request our members to promote our Paid Web Hosting Service (https://xisto.com/).

Please give us your feedback about our decision.

-Xisto Management

So does that mean that i can still continue bugging the sales@xisto email for some support. LOL.

ads never bug me, just no popup in the forum will do. some text ads here from google wont hurt it much.
the thing i hate about the last version is the ads that are too heavy to load.

------

OH MY GOSH:

did anyone notice that the "your post is being blah blah, click here to go back etc." message after posting was gone
all i can see is a white page which have no contents and no loading screen and after a few second i was redirected.
Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

Wow, I never thought that a Free Hosting Company could have a forum without ads, due to usually it is part of the income. I am glad to hear that other services are running smoothly, Congratulations ;) Now, I really see Quality, due to usually, websites without Ads are Quality sites, so this step is very good in my opinion. ;) Even though, I never mind to see an advertisement of somekind here! ;)

Lol, There were ads on the forum? I really didn't notice. I don't care if you have ads on the forum or not. They don't stand out and I don't get popups from any website (Opera user). It probably looks better now that you don't have ads but that extra imcome must have been nice. Now that you have a new host I guess you really don't care about the 0.5 cent per ad clicked. Thanks,Sparkx

Well I personally didn't mind seeing the ads in the forums, and I wouldn't mind keeping them here if it meant that it would help Xisto out.What about making an option to still display the ads, so that members who would like to help Xisto out by having ads displayed, can. (Just an idea, that might end up helping Xisto become yet a better host, as I have heard so much about how great Xisto is, even though I am not hosted by Xisto as of yet)As for promoting the other service, i'll do that.