xisto Community
yordan

No More Shoutbox, No More "last Posts" What happens to astahost forum page ?

What happens to Xisto forum laoyout ?yesterday everything was as usual.Todoy, I have no shoutbox even while I am connected.And I can't see the "last posts" at the bottom of the forum page, I only can see the "similar posts".So, I cannot see the last problems people have, and I cannot answer !Is this normal ? Is this the future definitive behaviour ?Or did something strange happen in my account settings ? ;)

today the forum underwent a revamp. we now have the new version of ipb, 2.2.0! as you may have noticed lots more has changed, profiles, fast replay, add reply and even the information bar at the top!to access the shoutbox at the moment, you have to go into the community menu, and select shoutbox! hopefully when the forum upgrades are complete we should have the shoutbox back on the main page!this upgrade happened on trap a while back now and there was huge database problems, so i think they are taking their time here to make sure it all goes to plan! we don't want the forums to go down! on trap, the last topics list is still there so i think that there are still a few options and settings that need to be enabled before we are back to what we had before!hopefully everything is cleared up soon!-jimmy

I am really impressed with the new revamped look of Xisto. The shoutbox seems much faster, the subforums are displayed pretty neatly in the forum index and this new posting interface is very good as well. Looking out for more changes...

But one thing that bugs me is this thing right here:-

Posted Image

Wonder if its native IPB problem or due to any customization?

The shoutbox is usable from Microsoft Internet Explorer.The Shoutbox does not work with FireFox, nor with Netscape : the "Shout Now" button appears but seams not to work, and the shoubox messages are not visible, even when clicking in "Community -->shoutboxToo bad not te be able to use FireFox with the Shoutbox ;) Hope this is only temporary.By the way, having no ads on Xisto Forum is really great !

The shoutbox is usable from Microsoft Internet Explorer.

The Shoutbox does not work with FireFox, nor with Netscape : the "Shout Now" button appears but seams not to work, and the shoubox messages are not visible, even when clicking in "Community -->shoutbox

Too bad not te be able to use FireFox with the Shoutbox ;)

Hope this is only temporary.

By the way, having no ads on Xisto Forum is really great !

I am using Firefox version 1.5.0.9 and the shoutbox is working perfectly for me.

I seemed to figure out your problem, by the way. Its most likely because you have the Javascript disabled. Go to Tools -> Options -> Content and check the enable Java and enable Javascript checkboxes.

Posted Image

Cheers,

Max.

OK.. I've managed to solve this problem in a quite weird way ;) Of course, first I checked whether JavaScript was enabled - and it was, so that is not the problem. However, I remember reading about IPB having these problems because of browser cache (don't ask why), so I refreshed the page completely, and it worked ;) So, for Firefox users, hold the CTRL button and press refresh. That should get you going.

Following some tests I conclude:-All you need to do is enable Javascript (Enable Java which I mentioned before, is not required) and refresh the page. I don't think you need to refresh the page completely, basic refresh worked for me. There's nothing quire weird in it pyost.We can't just expect checking the enable Java checkbox to work on an already opened page, we need to refresh the damn thing. Care to explain the IPB problem @ Cache & Firefox?

Wow, looks good. Like the fact that you can turn the shoutbox into a complete chat page when you hit "My Prefs". Loads faster alrite and things are pretty much looking back into shape as before .. Good work all the guys who helped in the upgrade ;) RegardsDhanesh.

No, I think you misunderstood my situation ;) I already had all the checkboxes enabled, and since the shoutbox wasn't working, I did a fulll refresh (without changing any setting) and it worked. As for the cache thing, I think it was mentioned at the official IPB forums.

OK, no way, either control-refresh or simply refresh does not make the shoutbox appear. the box is there, but nobody shouting inside.OK, I forget about it. If I am the only guy unable to shout, it's not a big problem.

I find it rather hard to believe that an "Astahoster" is browsing with JavaScript turned off ;)

the box is there, but nobody shouting inside

Hm.. Do you have the main box surrounding the shouting area AND the text box, or the one that contains the shouts (may be a little unclear, I know)? Because I did have the main box, but no shouts area ;)