xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HiddenKenshin

Drupal Not Working In Iexplorer help

As usually, Firefox is nothing but a breeze, but Iexplorer is a gigantic pain in the *bottom*.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It's a in "early development" cms about a marketing foundation branch of a few friends of mine on college. I've installed a bunch of modules, of which none seem to give errors or conflicts, but the site simply does not load in iexplorer. There is a prompt about an error in the WYSIWYG editor module I installed, but that only reflects on input forms on content creation ONLY.

I've tried several people to test it, and they had the same result. Anyone have a clue on what's wrong, and how to fix it?

Without losing current progress, of course.

This is Drupal 4.7, the one available from the Cpanel in Xisto, the layout is temporary'ish, it has several modules installed, I could list them, if needed.

As usually, Firefox is nothing but a breeze, but Iexplorer is a gigantic pain in the *bottom*.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It's a in "early development" cms about a marketing foundation branch of a few friends of mine on college. I've installed a bunch of modules, of which none seem to give errors or conflicts, but the site simply does not load in iexplorer. There is a prompt about an error in the WYSIWYG editor module I installed, but that only reflects on input forms on content creation ONLY.

I've tried several people to test it, and they had the same result. Anyone have a clue on what's wrong, and how to fix it?

Without losing current progress, of course.

This is Drupal 4.7, the one available from the Cpanel in Xisto, the layout is temporary'ish, it has several modules installed, I could list them, if needed.

hi,

where did you install the drupal?
what folder it was installed and what have you done..

i have drupal on my site also and it was working.

your installation does not work on my side viewing it with any kind of browser and i can still see the default page when a new hosting account was created.

hi,
where did you install the drupal?
what folder it was installed and what have you done..

i have drupal on my site also and it was working.

your installation does not work on my side viewing it with any kind of browser and i can still see the default page when a new hosting account was created.

Drupal was installed through Fantastico in Cpanel. It was made in the folder "stimaphl" on the root. Other people could see it in Firefox, but not Iexplorer 6, so it should be working? I'm viewing it in another tab right now...?

I've not yet made anything in the root, yes, I've had to postpone my own portfolio in order to have other prioritized projects done. I've never had any problems with Drupal and I've been able to acces it from several different locations and it would work. Just not in Iexplorer.

I'd suggest downloading the lastest build version from their site, and manually installing it. Its a lil pain but probably would take care of small bugs in your installed version. I couldent see the site either on IE7, in FF i can atleast see it.RegardsDhanesh.

I'd suggest downloading the lastest build version from their site, and manually installing it. Its a lil pain but probably would take care of small bugs in your installed version. I couldent see the site either on IE7, in FF i can atleast see it.
Regards
Dhanesh.

Thank you kindly for your suggestion, Dhanesh.

But do you mean that I should install the full 5.x version of Drupal, or upgrading it? I'd like a method where I could keep the current progress intact

Well if progress done at ur current installation is alot, then i guess u should upgrade. But normally i'd prefer backing up the database the files etc that i've changed and then installing a full new version and them patching up the new installation, thats probably the case with an advanced user. I am paranoid with upgrades ;) .. but thats just me.

If you want to upgrade then i guess you can d'load the current release >>HERE<< ..

Note: If you are using Internet Explorer and WinZip, save the file first, as otherwise IE will corrupt the file's extension.

Check the installation readme file, where i am shure they would have steps on how to do a smooth upgrade. I havent used drupal myself but have always been a fan of the e107 CMS system. Check out the post >>HERE<< ..

Hope the upgrade goes well .. let us know if you run into any problems. Tho i dont use drupal, the basic installation and upgrade method for all CMS is the same i guess.

Regards

Dhanesh.

Edited by dhanesh (see edit history)

Well if progress done at ur current installation is alot, then i guess u should upgrade. But normally i'd prefer backing up the database the files etc that i've changed and then installing a full new version and them patching up the new installation, thats probably the case with an advanced user. I am paranoid with upgrades ;) .. but thats just me.

If you want to upgrade then i guess you can d'load the current release >>HERE<< ..

Note: If you are using Internet Explorer and WinZip, save the file first, as otherwise IE will corrupt the file's extension.

Check the installation readme file, where i am shure they would have steps on how to do a smooth upgrade. I havent used drupal myself but have always been a fan of the e107 CMS system. Check out the post >>HERE<< ..

Hope the upgrade goes well .. let us know if you run into any problems. Tho i dont use drupal, the basic installation and upgrade method for all CMS is the same i guess.

Regards

Dhanesh.

Before resorting to any major changes (the site's content is mainly done by the foundation members, not me, they don't like to see things getting risky) I tried the classic test of elimination.

I disabled every module, except the very basic ones, and the ones that are required, of course, and re-actived them one-by-one, and checking up on iexplorer every time. When running on basic modules, the site worked for me in Iexplorer. Still determined to capture the flaw, I continued eliminating.

I'm absolutely mind-boggled right now. As I went down the list, I eventually ended up with the last one to do, and the site is still working. Iexplorer's no-.png support is really ruining the page, but, it's working.

Could some people confirm this to me, if they would be so very kind? Also stating which browser and version?

Still, many thanks to the repliers, I still have the upgrade/fresh install as a back-up plan if needed.