xisto Community
dhanesh1405241511

Ad Popup On Asta ..

Not so frequent but though this should be brought under attention .. Pages pre-load as normal and when cancel is hit (1), another box pops up with an ok button (2). After thats gotten rid of, the page loads fine. but happens with every link you click in that session on asta.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Regards

Dhanesh.

I think it is something on your side. Maybe some spyware that is hardly detected... If I were you, I would run both Spybot and AdAware, just to make sure ;) Did this happen only once at Xisto, or has it happened several times?

I had Norton .. Now using Kaspersky .. Have Defender running in the background .. and i have firewall enabled lol ..I did a upgrade of the definitions on these softwares, and did a full system scan. Nothing found. I think its related to location ads. Cause m seeing this since the past 3 months or so now. And its web based, so i dont think i run the threat of a spyware. Just that if i hit "cancle" it tells me that it will still install, so m guessing its an ad. But a very annoying one at times ;)RegardsDhanesh.

Pretty strange, i'm on opera here and getting no ads. I think i do recall the popup blocked appearing here and there but i get none of what you're getting. What about trying to view the site in IE (yeah i know it's crap but just to test), if it works fine then i think there might be something wrong with your firefox install/temp files (if thats even possible, no idea).Also, can you view other pages without popups or is it just that page. Because it could be possible that is has something to do with that particular page.On the dialog box it says 'winantispyware.com' so its pretty likely something is linking to it.-HellFire

Now the Ads dont matter do they ? ;) It was nice to shift Ad-free, but those ads werent doing much harm to anyone i guess. So incase thers a poll on if the Ads have to be kept or not, then m all in for keeping them like before, unless they dont come in the way of the "Asta Experience" ;)

Regards

Dhanesh.

I think vujsa found the problem and I have addressed the issue. Please report to see if you get any more pop-ups. Since Xisto no longer features ADS for all registered members, there should not be any pop-ups.Thank you.

Not so frequent but though this should be brought under attention .. Pages pre-load as normal and when cancel is hit (1), another box pops up with an ok button (2). After thats gotten rid of, the page loads fine. but happens with every link you click in that session on asta.Regards
Dhanesh.

I also have popups, blocked or not depending from the browser I use and depending from my firewall settings.

If your tired of popups, you should get Opera. I have had it for a few months and since I got it I have had no popups. Its quite nice because it allows you to open links that are popups (into a tab) but keeps other popups (random stuff) away. I have heard many people say that they like Opera also because it has no popups. If you keep getting popups maby run a virius check. That could be a reason why you have popups also.Thanks,Sparkx