xisto Community
Team Destiny 07

Animated Rain Tut

Ok well here was me result when I did it:

Posted Image

1.)Open up a completed signature (if you don't have one follow this tut)

Posted Image

2.)Now create a new layer and fill it with black. press control+j 3 time so you have 4 black layers above your sig.

3.)On all of the layers go to Filter>Noise>Add Noise and make sure monochromatic is checked. For all of the layers make the noise somewhere between 200-300.

4.)Set all of the black layers with noise to overlay

5.)Bring the image over to imageready

6.)Hide all layers except the sig and the bottom black layer, click new frame this time hide the bottom black one and choose the one above it to be visible

7.)Then do the same 2 more times and I got this:

Posted Image

Thats really a cool tutorial friend! I was googling for creating such raining effect in images. But now i found that cool effect here in fav forum ;)

thanks for sharing with us. we are waiting for more from you!

how do i hide the layers lol, im such a newb

For hiding a layer, goto windows >> layers

then click on the eye symbol to hide particular layer

Posted Image

;)

I seriously didn't get this result using your exact instructions. When I "Add Noise", out pops one of those television fuzzy images. I only got the rain effect through motion blur afterwards. Do you know possibly what went wrong? Thanks in advance.

I seriously didn't get this result using your exact instructions. When I "Add Noise", out pops one of those television fuzzy images. I only got the rain effect through motion blur afterwards.

Do you know possibly what went wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ok well I made the video tutorial here ya go:

Animated Rain Video Tutorial

Edited by Team Destiny 07 (see edit history)

Oh thanks! :ph34r:

I think you didn't include the bit about the motion blur in your topic post.

I like how you did your video tutorial (may I ask what program you used to record it?) but I think that if there were large subtitles to aid in the video tutorial, I think it would help because it's a bit too quick at some parts. Nevertheless, I think most people would grasp the tutorial anyway.

EDIT: Oh damn. I didn't realise that there was Unregistered HyperCam 2 on the top left hand corner. Stupid me.

Edited by Vue (see edit history)

how d i set the backgrounds to overlay?

Just click and open layer options. Then, at the top left hand corner there's a select box that says 'normal' (usually). Click on that and a bunch of selections will show up, one of which is 'overlay'. I guess you do something similar to the other layer?