xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DaEmOnFiRe

Permission Problem With Mysql Database Creation Please Help

I seem to have a problem with accessing my database with proper permissions. I have set the my database correctly giving my db username all priviliges yet i seem to be unable to even log on with this username with a denied access error. Any ideas on resolving this?

What is the exact error? It would be great if you could copy it here, since without it we can't really help you ;)

I seem to have a problem with accessing my database with proper permissions. I have set the my database correctly giving my db username all priviliges yet i seem to be unable to even log on with this username with a denied access error. Any ideas on resolving this?

you need to grant the user access to the database system. there are many ways the error can be triggered but it all drops down on the grant of permission.

one of the most common error that was done here is that the user you have created have a full access on a database but are connecting to a different one which it has no access at all.

Giving a full access on a user must be done separately on each database in which you want to grant it access. Unless of course you are using a root account.. =)

---------

As your title implies, you have trouble CREATING MySQL databases. As for that, please do it via cPanel, SQL queries and phpMyAdmin doesn't grant you permission to create databases.If you are having trouble accessing databases, please DELETE the user and recreate it. Any further problems will cause you to have to delete the entire database possibly. If that is NOT an option, I'm afraid I can't help you. ;)

I know this has happened to me before and is very annoying I still never found out y.

Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone, but my real problem is im using a program to create a whole database for me which goes through a prompt asking questions about my webserver/database stuff etc. The same error keeps occurring though where it says the user specified doesn't have permission access. I am well aware of prefixes and did everything right but the problem is still persisting ;) but thanks for trying to help everyone, ill let you all know if the problem is solved.

Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone, but my real problem is im using a program to create a whole database for me which goes through a prompt asking questions about my webserver/database stuff etc. The same error keeps occurring though where it says the user specified doesn't have permission access. I am well aware of prefixes and did everything right but the problem is still persisting ;) but thanks for trying to help everyone, ill let you all know if the problem is solved.

what this software that you are installing on the first place? i can assist you here on how to do it.

though i was lazy to check the forum now that often as I use to [already a paid member and just browsing here], a private message wont do but you can freely email me at vhortex at gmail dot com

=)

cya mate..

PS. in case you will email me.. put on the subject, Xisto help so my spam filter wont accidentaly put your email in the spam box.

I am a beginner. I have a golf web page. How do I create a database so members can sign up for a tee reservation and their name would appear on a page right away. Thank you in advance.