xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Anyone Care To Review i6Networks 5-GB/1-TB Free Webhosting?

I just came upon this site called i6networks who're providing free web-hosting with some amazing bandwidth and diskspace.

They offer you 5GB Disk-Space and a monthly bandwidth of 1 TerraByte. Yup .. you heard me right. It's cPanel based hosting with the usual assortment of pre-installed scripts as we provide at Asta. No Ads either !!

There's a catch though - not anyone and everyone can get hosting. You're supposed to have an established site which is into at least 2 months of operation. That's their only criteria. If you meet that, they're willing to host your site on their servers for free.

What eludes me is that... a person who's seeking hosting space in the first place wouldn't be eligible for their hosting anyways... and someone who's got a site a couple of months old and established decent reputation wouldn't really want to shift over with lock, stock & barrel unless he/she is really greedy and eyeing that much of diskspace and bandwidth.

Secondly, new sites wouldn't have bandwidth requirements like that anyways.... and larger sites who really have that kind of requirement wouldn't wanna take up the immense headache of shifting & consequent configuration/downtimes either...

What say you? It'll be great if someone can actually provide us with a review of their services..

Cheers,

m^e

its an amazing service that they have there! heaps of space, plenty bandwidth but i did find this in their TOS

DatabaseAny database stored on i6 Networks.com servers shall be limited in size to 20% of the total disk space allotted for a particular domain.

this means that on their 5gb plan, you can only have a 1gb database! huge space, but i suppose that you could use that quickly if you are using databases frequently!

i also found this,Background Running Programs and Cron Jobs
i6 Networks⢠does not allow background Daemons such as IRC bots; eggdrop; *****X; XiRCON; and any other program that interferes with normal server operation.

Does this mean that you aren't allowed to run Cron Jobs on their servers? that would be a shame as they can be so useful for backups!

i also find it strange for them to say

We have many servers that are sitting on our racks unused

still, its very good for what you get, but i have to agree with m^e, if your new you cant host there, and if your experienced why would you move?
-jimmy

Well I'm going to give it a go and I've just signed up.I'm currently with a free hoster and I've used up my bandwidth allowance for this month (100MB) so that why I'm looking to change. I also need SSH access and they 'claim' to provide this so only time will tell!!Wish me luck!

What are i6networks name servers?

Hi ,

I registered an account on i6networks.Net But I didn't receive the name servers.

Please I need the real name servers.

Best Regards,

Sameh Ahmed

What are i6networks name servers?

Hi ,

I registered an account on i6networks.Net But I didn't receive the name servers.

Please I need the real name servers.

Best Regards,

Sameh Ahmed

Dont worry I have been trying that and have not received it yet

i6networks

I tried to get an account with i6networks. I have never been able to log in to my account. Every time I use the password they sent me, all I get is invalid log in... I have tried numerous times to get some kind of assistance. I did receive an email stating that I need to point to their nameservers. This was supposed to be in the welcome email (which I never received). I emailed back and explained this to them. Have never received anything back except another email telling me that my request has been forward to...I don't know...Probably pluto. It seems that whenever you ask for any kind of assistance from these people, all correspondence comes to a complete halt. They may have alot of space to offer, but I think their customer service stinks.

Are. Sanford

-reply by Rick Sanford

HERE U GUYS GO

NS1.DNSPROTECT.COM

NS2.DNSPROTECT.COM

-reply by DJ TIGGA STYLEZ