xisto Community
hikmet

I Have Questions About Hosting Movable type, fast cgi and domain questions

Hi,First of all I would like to know that is there anyone who installed movable type on Xisto servers before. May I have any problem about installing the movable type?Is fast cgi module installed on Xisto? I asked this question because movable type's new version can run up to 15 times faster with fast cgi.And finally if my site is hosted on Xisto with a subdomain ( like hikmet.astahost.com ), can I buy a domain and register it later.Sorry for my poor English.Thanks.

Edited by hikmet (see edit history)

I don't really know, but I think yes, you can use movable type and can add or park o top level domain using Xisto namservers, because you get the famous and amazing CPanel.. Apache is loaded with the module mod_fastcgi.. In fact, here is the info:

Apache loaded modulesLoaded Modules: mod_limitipconn, mod_fastcgi, mod_auth_passthrough, mod_log_bytes, mod_bwlimited, mod_php4, mod_frontpage, mod_ssl, mod_setenvif, mod_so, mod_expires, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_rewrite, mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime, mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

Hope this helps ;)

And finally if my site is hosted on Xisto with a subdomain ( like hikmet.astahost.com ), can I buy a domain and register it later

A little more details concerning this question - yes, you can switch to a domain later on, but you are required to pay 15 credits in order to change a domain name. This is done via the process page on Xisto. However, if you are determined to buy a domain, it might be a good idea to do so before applying for hosting, because you would avoind the domain change fee.

A little more details concerning this question - yes, you can switch to a domain later on, but you are required to pay 15 credits in order to change a domain name. This is done via the process page on Xisto. However, if you are determined to buy a domain, it might be a good idea to do so before applying for hosting, because you would avoind the domain change fee.

Thank you very much. I agree with you it is better to buy a domain name before applying for free hosting