xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Extortioner

Swg Guides: The Beginning Guides for SWG Player

Im an avid SWG player, and I hope alot of people here play these, so I?ll try to write down everything ive learned over the years...Guide to Teras Kasi ArtistBeginners Guide to starting out for TKA in SWG.Ok when you start your game, choose a reasonably full server (too quiet and u won?t be able to get equipment, too busy and it?ll lag). For species choose either wookie (non imperial) or trandoshan, then select brawler as your starting profession. These characters and skill set will give you best unarmed start point to get going earning xp and cash.Right some peeps will sit outside a city and just kill anything that moves for xp, this is great if your loaded, but for most this doesn?t help. So start on corellia if you can and before you do anything go find a medic training and learn novice medic. This will be invaluable in the early stages of your career.Now for some money and xp, your first chance to go hit something. Go find the mission terminal and select 2 mission in same direction. Try to keep them lower to middle of the reward options available at 1st your skills and equipment are limited so we keep them easier. (also will more efficiently get xp and cash)When taking missions try to take the lone targets away from the group or lair 1st, then move in closer to lair, if you have trouble back off (enemy will only follow so far from lair) sit down and use ?tend damage self? to heal damage. When recovered (remember to let mind recover) you can now go and take any remaining enemies then proceed to lair. If humanoid npc lair it won?t spawn npc?s so go ahead and destroy it then go to next mission. If it?s a creature lair you may need to be a bit more careful, normally a lair will spawn 2 or 3 times once its attacked, so start attacking the lair, as soon as something spawns, PEACE the lair and turn on the creature, repeat this till lair is destroyed.Methods for attacking enemies in the early stages of brawler are varied, some like to use the specials (drain mind points) but I find the most efficient and safe way to attack is using beserk, if you sneak up behind an enemy and beserk then attack, you should be able to take them out in 1 or two good hits, much reducing time and risk. Use this method untill you achieve novice TKA to maximize efficiency and follow quickest route to tka.Right so for a while you keep runnign back and to doing simple missions. When you have some cash worth wile investments are:Good, (skill use 5) medpacks, capable of healing 300 pts of damageMarksman skill from trainer.Rifle or pistol.Scout skill and crafting tool (extract materials from creature bodies to make camps for resting and recover)Vehicle, (drastically reduces travelling time, try and get a cheap one off a friend if u can)All this costs money, and to further your career and attack bigger targets you need to earn more. So how to earn some cash so you can start to earn big money?Right get enough cash for a flight to the mining post on dantooine, (preferably when server is busy) ensuring you have enough cash for return flight. And join a hunting group. Groups will go out after the big creatures that only masters can solo effectively. When out use your rifle/pistol and try and stay out of firing range of the creatures, you won?t last long out there I promise. This will allow you to get a good few thousand credits in an hour or two.Basic rules for group hunting.Try and concentrate fire on a creature already under attack by group. Soloing a voritor will just get very messy very quickly. (some creatures can poison or kill so make sure you have a clone on planet) when it comes to lair, either let someone else hit the lair for 1st few missions, or be ready to peace as soon as spawn. Nothing annoys a group more than a noobie hitting a lair for too long and being slaughtered by the huge numbers of creatures that spawn.Sneaky hint to extra cash on group hunt:If a large group select big targets (25k credits) in direction specified) and then when it comes to your mission (normally works on who?s closest rule) if you die near end off mission and clone back at mining post, and group is out of range when they complete your mission, you will receive all of the cash (25k in your pocket) re join group and continue to do the collective missions. You will earn on average 40 ? 50k if you do this once on a group mission outing.When you have gained enough cash we can go and get some armour. (would recommend full suit of Ubese with at least 70% kinetic resist) ask around space ports someone will give you coords of a good armoursmith. This should cost around 40 ? 70k, you need to have say another 15 ? 20k for the next part.Go back to the mining post on dantooine, go to cantina and listen to a musician, hopefully a med will heal any wounds you have, wait till all wounds (if any are healed) and then leave cantina, out front (hopefully) will be a master doctor sat on ground with a queue in front of him. The doctor is performing buffs for a fee, (normally 6-8k) a good buff will increase all health and action stats by 2-3k each for 2-3 hours. When buffs complete, tip the doctor requested fee, (make sure you have cash before you join cue, there is a bank terminal near starport). Now goto the mission terminal and select 2 missions for ?savage quenkers? in northern direction. Then go take these in same way as before, now as a novice brawler it can take maybe 15 - 30 minutes to finish off a lair, but for your trouble you will earn 7-8k credits and 20-30k XP. Now isn?t that worth your time? With the kinetic armour and the buff the creatures will not be able to damage you quicker than you can heal automatically, so no need to worry. Now don?t get cocky tough, a voritor hunter is still far out of your reach, with knockdown and dizzy at their disposal they will concentrate on your mind, killing you that way.If you find your mind gets a little low, buy some brandy to boost these stats for about 30 minutes a shot.You can attack these all the way to master tka, but gets boring later on. When you get novice tka, switch from beserk and attack to the unarmed hit 2. Then collect xp to build up the power techniques tree first, use the new skills as you see fit as you clime this tree, when you have all 4 of power techniques fill the other skills in an order of your preference. With powerskill 4 you can solo most creature with armour and a buff, but surprisingly the quenkers remain the most efficient form of cash and xp.More advanced tka?s can achieve 2 quenker lairs every 10 minutes including travel, that?s up to 360,000 XP and 96,000 credits per hour !!!!! not bad for big armadillos.Get trained in any skills you have (medic/brawler/marksman etc) as you go through game, more skills you have, more training you can administer, the more apprentice points you gain to get master tka later.Right why do all this to get TKM other than the ability to kick shite out of most players. Cash for one. You can group solo hunt (ie group to unlock 27k missions, but you run off and do em solo, so get all cash) dantari raiders, ok that?s 27k per lair, and say 6 ? 10 minutes per pair of lairs and travel, so that?s 324,000 ? 540,000 credits per hour Ok you can go off and do rebel/imp missions till your hearts content. Most normal npc characters will fold like paper understrain of a rapid bombardment of unarmed hit 3. (stormtroopers last about 3 ? 4 seconds depending on if they run away or not)You can make a useful contribution to the special missions etc. but don?t try and solo a krayt dragon while everyone is resting, I got cocky one day and when group sat for a rest and heal, I ran upto It, I was doing well, hitting it with dizzy, knockdown 2 and unarmed 3, then it just stepped on me and I was dead So there you have it, I have probably missed a couple of things, and some indetail. So I?ll summarize below. Have fun and I?ll c u in eclipse Summary:Get medic skills, then do simple missions.Get marksman and scout skills.Travel to dantooine to do group missions.Buy good kinetic armour and get money for some buffs.Solo hunt savage quenkers north of minning post.Climb power tree first, then remaining.Only thing to leave you on is what other skills, well it may have come to your attention that you are crap at long range, so I would couple TKM with one of the following.Rifleman: Excelent at long range, specialality is sniping undetected.Commando: Devastating weaponry, acid rifle cuts through most armour.Pistoleer: Excellent at both long and short range (pistol whip) 1 shot can cut through armour with right weapon.Hope was some help.Have fun all.Extortioner,Oupor Crestingrunner (TestCenter)-------------------------------------------------------------SWG Star Wars Galaxies Medic GuideGuide to becoming medic, then on to doctor.Ok first, i never got as far as doctor, after a while i decided to concentrate on combat, and eventually dropped some of the skills. but anyway the basic principals should still do well.Ok when you first start out as a medic, getting XP is fairly straight forward, but getting cash is a little difficult, so i would recommend the first thing you do, is go find a marksman trainer and get trained in Novice Marksman. and now buy a cheap rifle from your local bazaar and start taking some very basic hunting missions to get some cash. as soon as you can afford to also get trained in Novice Scout, now hunt for beasts not None Player Characters, and when you have cleared a wave of beasts, go to each body and using the radial menu extract resources from them.Now you have some cash a decision needs to be made, do you want to be able to mine your own resources, thus maximising profit margins or take the easier option of buying them? Currently prices of resources for any craft are expensive, (10 - 50 credits per unit) but you don't need a huge amount early on so you may be able to buy a small amount from a players vendor.Learning to survey and extract resources:If you want to be able to mine your own resources, then the best approach is to now go and get trained in Novice Artisan, and we are going to concentrate on just the survey tree. the trainer will give you a survey tool, so we should be able to get started.1st go out of your city, use the survey tool, and select one of the metals, then scan the area (/survey). if nothing appears try changing to an alternative metal, once a source has been located (at least 50% at this stage) then follow the waypoint then scan again. repeat until you find an area of at least 65%. stand on the concentrated area, and use /sample to sample the metal, this will extract some metal and give you survey points. The following macro allows the sampling process to be complete automatically, so allowing you to collect a couple of thousand units of metal whilst getting valuable xp.Place this macro into the F1 box on one of your toolbars, then it will loop.To stop at any time type /dumpTo write a macro, press CTRL-A and click on the macros tab, then create macro. remember to give it a meaningful (short) name and any symbol you like the look of.The macro is similar to that found in the crafting guide, meanings of specific commands can be found there.Also if you have stim packs, you can insert a "/healdamage self" command/survey;/pause 3; /sample; /pause 120; /sit;/pause 60;/stand;/pause 5; /ui action toolbarSlot 00;Getting crafting XP:Ok now you have survey and a few thousand units of metal, hide and bone from the animals you have been extracting from. so time to build some stim packs. build a couple manually to get to know the process, practice will use resources and give XP but you do not get the item at the end. for now make the stims and when you are at a higher level you can consider selling some on the bazaar to recoup some cash.If you can afford it buy two more generic crafting tools from the bazaar, these shouldn't cost too much.now press CTRL-F3 this will open the 3rd toolbar, drag each of the crafting tools from the inventory (CTRL-I) to buttons, F2, F3 and F4 (they will replace any existing buttons) now you can use the following macro: Place it in box F1/ui action toolbarSlot01;/selectdraftschematic 00;/pause 10;/nextC;/nextC;/nextC;/createP;/createP;/pause 4;/ui action toolbarSlot02;/selectdraftschematic 00;/pause 10;/nextC;/nextC;/nextC;/createP;/createP;/pause 4;/ui action toolbarSlot03;/selectdraftschematic 00;/pause 10;/nextC;/nextC;/nextC;/createP;/createP;/pause 4;/ui action toolbarSlot00;Again use "/dump" to end macro.For the line "/selectdraftschematic 00;" you need to find the draft schematic number to enter in place of "00" to do this:find the schematic:Open your datapad and click on "draft schematics" DO NOT CLICK ON EITHER BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW. now count from left to right, top to bottom until you have the item you are looking for (stim pack A) (e.g. 11th item) now use the following macro as a tester:/ui action toolbarSlot01;/selectdraftschematic 11;If the crafting tool opens with he correct schematic then great, other wise adjust the number outwards (ie plus then minus 1) until you find it. then place this number in the main macro above.now click F1 to run your main macro, wait until you have enough XP to train, then stop macro, and go train, then start again, providing you have enough resources you should level up quite quickly. you can always produce different stim packs as gain higher levels by adjusting the schematic number, but check the resources required first, more complex crafting give more XP, but they also use more resources, so you need to balance this. when available build some wound packs as these are always handy.General Medic XP:Ok time to go get some xp with your stim packs, there are a couple of options available to you at this time, dependant on your finances, and desire to progress quickly.Option 1: the cantina's and hospitals.Large city hospitals, or small town cantinas are a good place to get XP, simply sit there and heal anyone who comes in and needs it, if your lucky they might tip you, but don't expect it and don't ask, many players take offence to this. good way to get XP and chat to the people, and learn new things about the game.Option 2: the tumbler.this requires either a good friend / Samaritan or money to pay a player for their time. get the player to run the following macro: from their F1 box./tumble; /stand; /pause 5; /ui action toolbarSlot00:This will basically continually cause damage for you to heal, get them to stand in a corner, facing it, so they don't roll away from you when running it.Next you run the following macro: from your F1 box/healdamage; /pause 05; /ui action toolbarSlot00;ensuring they are selected as target (click on them) this will continually heal their damage, it will take a while, but you can go away and do your own thing whilst earning XP. NOTE: early on ensure you get trained on a regular basis. and make sure you have plenty of stim packs available.Option 3: tag onto a hunting group:This option gives good xp and good money, so is useful if you are a newer player, it doesn't yield xp at the rate of the other options, hence being more suited to newer players with more limited cash.Simply go to a busy hunting planet (dantooine mining outpost for example) and advertise you're a medic looking for a hunting group. Then join the group when invited, (click yes or type /join) select 2 missions of the type and direction the group is hunting for then go out with the group. At the even numbered missions, build a camp, then move into position to heal players, as a medic it is advisable on the harder planets to avoid the beasts as some will be capable of one hit slaying, so just run around healing anyone with below half action or health. Use the stim packs to do so, thus giving you xp. When mission completes you will receive an equal share of the mission reward. If players have wounds, then you can use your camp to heal these, and once you have level 2 first aid you can instantly stop bleeding.Use all of your skills to keep the group in good health, getting plenty of XP and cash whilst doing it.You may have to ask around starports for a suitable planet and city. More advanced galaxies like Eclipse, and Bria have very few hunting groups of this type on the advanced planets (dantooine, darthomir, yavin and endor). As they are generally populated by elite profession players that will solo hunt, or the groups will go after the large game such as krayt dragons, the corvette missions etc. All servers need master doctors for buffs etc.When ever you are in a city or a group keep an eye out for anyone that needs training in a skill that you posses, to move to doctor, you will first need to master medic, thus requiring Apprentice points, the more you collect as you go along, the easier it will be later.If you get to level 4/4/4/4 and still don't have enough AP, then go to a busy city starport or hospital and offer to train people for free (always train at least for free). If you have plenty of credits you can offer to pay a couple of thousand credits per skill taught. This will generally help acquire those valuable points.Finally doctor, this profession allows much more powerful healing, stim packs, disease and poison curing, and importantly buffs. A master doc can sit in a busy hunting town and offer buffs at 10k for all six stats, covering a new customer every couple of minutes. And people will pay for this, I have sometime waited 30 minutes in a queue for a buff, and occasionally paid 50,000 credits for the privilege of skipping a queue.Progress through doctor in the same basic way, building different stim packs, and the new buff packs, and using more advanced stims to heal people quicker. Also at some point get yourself a good medical droid, this will allow the more complex heals and buffs etc to be carried out anywhere.Hope this helps, have fun,Extortioner----------------------------------------------------------SWG Star Wars Galaxies Crafting GuideHi all, due to the fact I have such a dull job, I thought I would write a guide on macroing your way through artisan. I will write both the macros I use personally and the command line meanings, its always better ot write your own specific to your character. Artisan is generally split into two halves experience wise, crafting and surveying. any one looking at going into one of the elite crafting professions would be advised to concentrate their efforts on the engineering tree and the surveying trees. Now regarding the merchant path very quickly, this makes vendors available to the player, so allowing them to sell their goods. However I have heard that the merchant elite profession is a throw away profession, in that once you unlock more vendors you can then surrender your skill points without losing any of the vendors you aquire, this is to be confirmed, and will post update as to if it still the case. SurveyingThis is as important as the crafting its self. if you want to be able to make competitive products then you will have to mine your own resources, without survey 4 it will take a great deal of time to track down good areas for mining. OK so surveying and sampling is dull when grinding it for xp, so how to speed things up. first select your survey tool, then goto one of the metals then click survey, some numbers will appear on the small map, these percentages are the quantity of the mineral in that area, find a metal with good percentage (70% +) then move to the waypoint created for highest spot. survey again and move to highest, keep doing this till you are in the highest concentration area. (hint look for harvesters already placed). Now I did this as TKM hence the meditate command, I would also strongly advise getting medic and a good quantity of stims. All macros are both case and space sensitive if it doesn't work check your typing, all else fails delete offending line and re-type carefully. Also when running macros for prolonged periods of time client can get confused, best bet is to try stopping macro and restarting or exit swg and re-enter. SURVEY XP MACRO:/survey;/pause 3; /sample; /pause 120; /stand; /tenddamage self; /pause 3; /tenddamage self; /pause 3; /meditate; /pause 60; /stand; /pause 3; /ui action toolbarSlot 00;Code meanings:"/survey" simply surveys the area (don't need it but I found it helped keep reliable xp come in) "/pause" pauses the macro whilst character is doing action, time is in seconds."/sample" this samples and extracts the area, and it is this that gives you xp."/tenddamage self" is the heal self command, sampling uses action, this restores your actions at the expence of mind wounds."/meditate" for TKM this heals your wounds."/ui action toolbarSlot00;" this is a very very useful command and u will see it quite often, it basically points to the F1 box at the top of the screen. so if you place your new macro in the box it will loop the macroNow if you aren't TKM there are 2 options available to you, 1st is to use stims, (same command as in game, look at action box ctrl-A for command if not sure) this will recover your action without wound cost. alternatively you can use the "/sit;" command followed by "/pause 60; placing what ever time is required to recover your action. be sure to allow action to fully recover before it loops otherwise you will eventually catch up with yourself and be unable to sample. experiment with times to find best combination of time sampling and time recovering. Ok this macro is completely automated and fully looped, requiring no input by the user at any time. so how do you stop it to go and get trained? Create another macro: END MACRO:/dump; /dump; /dump;and place this in your toolbar aswell. reason for 3 of same line is on occasion dump doesn't always work and so multiple attempts may be required. NOTE: dump command only works when in pause section of macro! ie macro paused whilst character is doing last commanded action. Ok so this makes the whole XP thing quite easy, on a good patch you should be able to get 1000 - 2000 xp per hour, not a lot, but better than manual. esspecially when u leave it running and goto bed. Right so what can u do whilst you are sampling? When you have reached the 1st or second level you will have enough metal to start crafting, and strangely enough you can craft (MANUALY) whilst running this macro. simply build lots and lots of wind survey or solar survey tools. I reached level 2 business and engineering whilst running this macro in waking time (was AFK for the rest), simply place the metal you have extracted into the tools and create the 1st for real and the subsequesnt ones as "PRACTICE" items, (so not to waste storage). (see holo help ctrl-H for crafting basics) Right now you have level 4 surveying and made some way towards your engineering, how can you pick up the pace on crafting? very simply using below macro. to start with you need to build a total of 3 - 5 generic crafting tools and structure crafting tools. then place each type in a row starting with F2 in a new toolbar. (ie one set of generic and one set of structure). Now you need to find your schematic number. untill you have level 3 engineering we will be practice building survey tools (solar or wind are good) when have level 3 will be building small harvesters. Goto datapad and click on schematics (DO NOT SORT THE LIST BY CLICKING ON ANY BUTTONS!!!!) and count down to the item you want, then place in following macro. (eg 33rd item) FIND SCHEMATIC NO:/ui action toolbarSlot01; /selectdraftschematic 33;Then run it, it will open the crafting tool in F2 and open a schematic, if this is the one you want then great, otherwise close and adjust the schematic number. basically there is no definite way of getting the schematic number, but counting down the datapad list will give you a rough area, eg 33 + - 5 (28 to 38) so trial and error within range to find it. When u have schematic number we can build the crafting macro. Now crafting macros do everything automatically except adding resources, this is impossible without cheating programs that will get you banned but its only a double click to add them anyway Place the following macro in box F1 CRAFTING:/ui action toolbarSlot01; //uses first tool in F2 box /selectdraftschematic 33; /pause 5; // this pause is to add resources, change to suit /nextC; /nextC; /nextC; /createprototype practice no item; /createprototype practice no item; /pause 2; /ui action toolbarSlot02; //uses 2nd tool in F3 box /selectdraftSchematic 33; /pause 5; /nextC; /nextC; /nextC; /createprototype practice no item; /createprototype practice no item; /pause 2; /ui action toolbarSlot03; /selectdraftSchematic 33; /pause 5; /nextC; /nextC; /nextC; /createprototype practice no item; /createprototype practice no item; /pause 2; /ui action toolbarSlot04; /selectdraftSchematic 33; /pause 5; /nextC; /nextC; /nextC; /createprototype practice no item; /createprototype practice no item; /pause 2; /ui action toolbarSlot00; /loops macroMeanings:"/selectdraftschematic 33;" selects schematic number 33 and places in crafting tool."/nextC;" or /nextcraftingstage basically goes to next stage in crafting."/createprototype practice no item;" creates a practice item.I will double check how to actually create the item if u want to do so and post later.This macro uses 4 tools, adjust depending on how many tools and schematic you use. also adjust timing to get smothest run. and allow plenty of time to double click resources. As a level 2 engineer building wind survey tools I was getting 18,000 XP per hour using just three crafting tools whilst practice building wind survey tools. use this till you reach level 3 engineering. Now once you are at level 3 engineering build or buy the constrction tools mentioned earlier, goto a new toolbar and follow same proceedure as above, this time we are going to be building mineral harvesters. minimum of 400 xp per item. now for the rest you are going to need a lot of resources, ore, metal and aluminium, once aquired these then you can run the macro for harvesters, and you sould be able to get about at least 2000xp per minute. (tip: adjust the times for entering resources to 10-15, there are more resources and it takes longer to load this schematic). with this you will have level 4 and your novice specialisation in no time.The macro can be adjusted and place on other toolbar for other crafting tools, and the basic principals can be used in any crafting, meds to weapons Ok that will do from me I think, if I have missed anything then please comment, Have fun all,Extortionerthats it for now, ill try to post more in a few days