xisto Community
niran

How To Change My Hosting At Astahost.com To Computinghost.com

Hi all,I'm a hosted member at Xisto.Com! ;) As I'm little bit busy with my work, I'm not getting much time to come here to get hosting credits by posting here in this forum! So, Im planning to switch to Xisto - Web Hosting.com I need some help to transfer my hosting to there! Whats the procedure for that and all those details needed!Is it a another server ( I mean, As Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting are from the same company, are they hsoted in the same server or not? ), and whether the name servers and ip address of the servers are same or not.I need these details, because I need to change those MX records, A records and Name server details etc with my domain registrar!How can I move to the Xisto - Web Hosting Server?Please reply me guys!Thanks! ;)

Niru, this should be very simple. I changed from another web host (not Xisto) last year to Xisto - Web Hosting without doing much on my end. Just contact support AT Xisto - Web Hosting.com and they will ask you for the details on your current webhost. You will need to provide the link to cPanel along with your username and password. They will do the migration for you. In most cases, you don't even need to change anything on your part once they successfully migrated over to the Xisto - Web Hosting server.The servers should be different. From what I read, there will be better service since it's paid hosting.

Servers for Xisto - Web Hosting are different from your Xisto server. You can view various servers by Xisto Company by visiting http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and click on Network Status.Nameservers for Xisto - Web Hosting are:ns1.computinghost.comns2.computinghost.comAlthough they have the same resolving IP address as Xisto nameservers, using those names are best for you.You can request account transfer like suggested from above, or you can do it yourself--whichever you feel it will work for you.First backup and upload to your new server. Do this by going to your cPanel > Backup, and backup entire directory and FTP to new account. Once the file FTP is complete from your cPanel, access your Xisto - Web Hosting cPanel and unzip that file. Move to appropriate directories and you're set.Second, using the same backup link from Xisto cPanel download your database backup. Open Xisto - Web Hosting cPanel and use the same link, Backup, to restore your database. Check your MySQL access permission and you're all set. ;)