xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Free 18-week Online Ajax Course

I just happened to come across this site which offers a serious 18-week course on the ever-booming AJAX technology. I posted about it recently in my blog. Here's an excerpt...

For those who want to make some serious headway into the insanely booming technology called AJAX, here's a golden opportunity. Boston based Sang Shin, who's a technology architect, consultant, and evangelist at SUN Microsystems offers a free 18-week online course on AJAX. The course commences on 18th of February, 2007 and covers some hot new topics such as the opensource javascript toolkit named Dojo, the NO-JavaScript AJAX Framework called ZK, DynaFaces - the thin application layer that renders AJAX capabilities to JSF, and Phobos - the lightweight, scripting-friendly, web application environment running on the Java platform.

This is the second session of the course in offering. Earlier it was offered as a ten-week course but it's been extended by eight more weeks to cover all the new & importants aspects of this rapidly expanding technology. Literally anyone can sign-up for it...

Read the full article..

Thanks for the information, i just read the topics page and found that it is an excellent online course, so i register myself and begin to download some material.Best regards,

Im soo busy atm with my work ;( or I would be jumping into this!!AJAZ is SUCH a buzzword right now in the industry..im almost fed up of project managers talking about it!! ofc they know nothing about it!! but think it will solve the whole worlds problems ;)So its up to ppl like us to learn how to use it!! ;)Reminds me of years ago when Shockwave and Lingo first came out.I think I will download it all and maybe sometime if I ever get a holiday I will have a look at it.

I know that AJAX is one of the most popular ways of creating interactive websites, for example Gmail and Yahoo mail beta, so this course can really make me jump into things. Thanks for sharing the link!