xisto Community
niran

Live Image Search All new dynamic Live Image

Did any body tried Live Image Search?? Its simply superb, and will definitely catch all your eyes, and will take away from all the remaining image search engines, including Google and Yahoo! I'm 100% sure about that! Just go here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Its new Live Image search result for Flowers! You can see that, there is no need to click on "NEXT" button to go thru the results ( which I hate with all the remaining search engines) images will load dynamically, and will communicate with Server using advanced AJAX technology, and will load images as you scroll thru the page! you can even customize the size of the thumbnail preview using the scrollbar on top! And you can see a large preview of each and every images on mouse over! Then, if you click on one particular image, then, that will open the image with the particular page in new layer inside the same browser window itself! Then, wat else? If you need to add some images from the results to some place , for further filtering, that also possible with the new powerful image search by Live.Com . Just click the "Scrathpad" link on top, that will show one side panel. Just drag and drop the needed images to that Scratchpad, and u can review that collection later! Also, u can categorize the Scratchpad into some collections! In short, Live Image Search is simply SUPERB!!

i have found that the live search is very easy to use and makes searching much easier!it looks like google is also trying to create the same effect, but hasn't implemented the ajax technology to dynamically load pictures and the 'hover' feature.still, i like what i see!-jimmy

it looks like google is also trying to create the same effect, but hasn't implemented the ajax technology to dynamically load pictures and the 'hover' feature.

Seems so. ;) I like how when you click on a picture, a frame with the original image search is placed on the side. In Google, it's rather annoying to have to click back and forth and back and forth just to conduct searches. The Ajax implementation is nice, but it is also rather slow. Perhaps they ought to offer an option that lets people view their image search in plain html without the fancy Ajax stuff. So while on the outside Live Image search looks great (it would be great too if my computer were faster), it really isn't fun for dialup users or those who are trying to search quickly.

And for image searching, I wish companies could up the notch a bit and really do something original. Say you really wanted to search for a particular image--it'd be nice if the search engine allowed you to draw a rough sketch of what you thought the image might look like. Then, it would scrounge its database for the nearest matches to the search image. Though this method is difficult bordering on insanity...

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

And for image searching, I wish companies could up the notch a bit and really do something original. Say you really wanted to search for a particular image--it'd be nice if the search engine allowed you to draw a rough sketch of what you thought the image might look like. Then, it would scrounge its database for the nearest matches to the search image. Though this method is difficult bordering on insanity...

its not that insane! there are programs that can match two images together depending on similar characteristics! that would be great if they could find a way to implement it! i though of that idea ages ago but at that time thought it to be a little far fetched!
the computer power and time would be huge though, having to find characteristics of one image in another, and going through say googles index - could take ages! still i like the idea!

-jimmy

I was really fascinated by the good use AJAX has been put to. However, while it definitely eases image search, I was slightly put out with the hover effect. Something like Vista, Live Image Search is quite resource demanding when it comes to JavaScript effects, which I don't like at all. It's not about it not running smoothly on my computer, but the fact that it was unnecessary and maybe even unprofessional. But it's still a good, modern search engine.