xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Best Way To Grab The Limelight

I've often wondered what the best way is, to make yourself known, in this world of computers. Is it the overly-hyped negative methodology of writing the deadliest of Viruses / Hacking into the securest of systems, or is it the other way around, by developing something unique & good?

Just think about the people who've been immortalized into the Hi-Tech world, the one who's name each and every Windows PE recites at the very begining (MZ) or the duo of the leading search engine creators. Amidst the countless of us human beings, only few will be remembered for long (I said long, 'cause I believe there memories are destined to fade too). Is it in us to follow there paths or rather their destinations? What do you think guys? (gals too, no discrimination intended)

It realy depens from community to community. The gamers community will always remember Fatality (you know, the almost unbeatable gamer that has it's name put on several peaces of hardware), while I as a belgian [M]adshrimper will always remember jmke (because he made [M]).

I think the best way it to write a good, an extremely good, cheap and wanted program. Begin small, grow big (I'm obviously pointing into the Microsoft and Apple direction) and then do some strange things so you'll get in the news or something.

You can write a virus, a deadly virus, but there'll be more people that will hate you rather than looking up to you.

Or, you can go into politics and give a speech on television while you're drunk. We had one (btw, he was not flemish, we have other weirdos in politics), he's famous now thanks to youtube (check it out: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ).

Well growing famous isn't that hard in todays world ,if you are crative enough , if you can think of something new and unique ,that wasn't ever created its a sureshot to publicity ,but i agree its not easy to find something unique,but if your target is only to be famous ,i think one can be , there are many ways for that , write a blog with a very odd niche ,do something out of routine ,something that can make wonder or amused , and i thinkits obviously possible ,if you are completely into it