xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
csgaming

Slipknot Not Really alternative but a part of it :)

Well as i said not really alternative, but all of the fans chat here ;) I'm personaly a fan of Slipknot and Corey Taylor ;)

I think it fits in the major not-too-mainstream bit. I don't really care if a band "sells out" or not, I just listen to what I like.

I was there, years back, when wait and bleed and spit it out where found etched in schooldiaries, with darkred pens, or on schoolbags and stuff. Back then, I didn't really enjoy what I can't understand due to the screaming (do mind, I'm dutch, not english), but the last few years I've started to appreciate them more.

I dislike the jumpy rebel-against-anything crowd that comes along with it, though. Too tiring. The kind of people that are frustrated and like to identify themselves with loud, screamy music in order to feel on top of things. (been there mahself, heh)

slipknot is a good band but why not you like there jumpy-rebelness. it's a change from disturbed and mudvayne. the only other band ive seen close to slipknot is Drowning Pool

OH, dun worry, I like the "jumpy-rebelness" to a certain level, but I grew out of it at the age of 16/17. When I first heard Rammstein (loud, straightforward industrial-based metal, with AMAZING lyrics and wordplay of the german language), I was heavily indulged, because it added to my need to identify myself with something powerful at the generally tender age of 14. Eventually, they grew on me and I finally understand the songs and the lyrics better, same for slipknot, but some people need to tone down on the thing I explained above. Because then you no longer like the band, you just fulfill your own selfish need to "acknowledge" yourself.

It may all seem a little overthought and all, but they're all just stages that you'll need to experience yourself. So, what it comes down to, rawk out hardcore, even if it's disturbed or mudvayne. Disturbed is pretty awesome too...