xisto Community
joe.k

Win Rar Password Problem

i have some trouble with some winrar files passwordthe files is for an ISO and iam trying to remove the password because some files has a different password i have tried to change the password but no luck ...i used set default password and no luck tooif any1 have any idea please post it thanks in advance-joe

You will need to use some kind of brute force attack program to try breaking the password. Where did you get this file from and could they give you the password for it?

Normally with rar files that people give out including passwords would tell you the password to get in the file.I don't think their is a way to break through the password protection because people would know by now if their is.I know whats it's like, someone tells you the wrong password and it annoys me so much.Best of luck!-Lewis

just Google for RAR Passoword recovery you'll get what you need, most of these applications can recover medium sized passwords with ease. Check the version of the RAR file and the version the password recovery software supports, as each version has different password encryption strategies. Edited by livingston (see edit history)

who knows , how flv file able to play in motorola ROKR e2?

Win Rar Password Problem

I'd been so confused. There is someone who knows how FLV video file can played in my MOtorola ROKR E2?? if you know smthing, please tell me. Thanks before.

-reply by whisnu

need helpWin Rar Password Problem

I downloaded a file and it says to go to yaymovies to get the password for it. I can't do their request thingy because I have no cell phone or credit card. The file I am looking for is inside the rar file. It is an avi file and need a cracker for ubuntu (not using by choice). If you can help, email me plaese  asasas318s@yahoo.Com It may be a while before I check it

-reply by ShadowmanX

hope can help you Win Rar Password Problem

RAR Password Recovery 5.0

recovers passwords for RAR archives created with WinRAR, RAR or any other RAR-compatible software. Forgetting a password for an archive created long time ago is a common annoyance. RAR Password Recovery helps you to get your data back. Advanced dictionary attack, brute-force attack, and advanced brute-force with mask attack are used to recover the password. This software is easy to install and easy to use. All you need to do to recover your password is just to drag and drop your file to the program window. Dictionary attack supports 'mistypes' and additional user dictionaries. 

-reply by anny

If you forget the WinRAR /RAR password, This RAR password recovery software may be your best resort. Smartkey RAR Password Recovery is proved to be a helpful tool for users to recover forgotten RAR password. It supports brute-force attack, brute force with mask and dictionary attack which can restrict the search area and shorten the RAR password recovery time.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Password RecoveryWin Rar Password Problem

I don't recommend any of the 'solutions' offered above such as RAR Password Recovery software, unless you don't mind waiting for your great, great grandchildren to extract the file when whichever of these useless applications finally 'cracks' the correct password! (But I guess you wouldn't be, since by that time even the location of your grave will be forgotten or unknown to all of your descendants).I have seen many RAR passwords that are 120 or more characters long and thay are not 'words' as such, that one would find in Websters or the Shorter Oxford dictionaries either...They can be things like website addresses or just combinations of letters (case sensitive), numbers and special characters.Honestly the 'brute force attack' method is really a joke! They will only work with archives that are protected with an actual word and less than 8 characters long. Even then, they can take days, even WEEKS to crack the password if they do crack it at all.Your best recourse is to search the inetrnet for a mirror (a DIFFERENT FTP or HTTP site with the same archives) and download the files again. It is much much faster than the invariably futile and time-wasting methods suggested above!

-reply by Vaughn