xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HellFire121

Multiple Phpmyadmin Users?

Hi i'm just wondering if it's possible to have another user login to phpmyadmin without sharing my cpanel username and password.The other user is one of the devs on my site and needs mysql access. I can run the commands for him when i am there but when i'm not there what we are working on can get delayed.So basically, can there be more than one user (with different usernames/passwords) login to phpmyadmin without going through cpanelThanks-HellFire

Thanks for you reply, I know that way but i mean is there anyway for them to login to phpmyadmin (/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php) without going through cpanel because if i try to go there it will prompt me to login.If theres no way to do it can i install anything to get remote access to the databases?Thanks-HellFire

ahh now I understand what you mean a bit clearer :)And the answer ofc is yes!Goto the MySQL site and download the MySQL query browser, this is a great tool for MySQL and works pretty much like phpadmin..nice features include a history or actions and you can bookmark important ans much used queries.Also theres a great administration tool on the MySQL site also, this works pretty much like the MySQL section of cpanel but its more usefull..just configure users and permissions and then use those login details to conect to Asta via these programs and you should be all set..

Or you could download and install PhpMyAdmin yourself... Not an ideal solution, but it would certainly work well enough. This is actually one of the few things that could be improved about Xisto, but like mark said, you can just use a separate client. Make sure to use port 3306 in the server name if you do that.

Awesome thanks, i'll try that now.As for installing phpmyadmin myself i've tried that before and just gave me a bunch of errors for some reason even though it was configured properlyedit: all working, thanksedit2: It seems that i can't enter the default database. If i try to connect with a default schema it will just say that it doesn't exist.

Edited by HellFire121 (see edit history)