xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CodeName_88

Nintendo Revolution Still unknown

The new console from Nintendo is a really puzzling one, with the agreement between Nintendo Corporation and Gyrosft, Inc. They are working together to present "extremely original game-playability". Iwata also said:

The interface will be "be intuitive and easy to use for everyone", which "may or may not" include voice recognition features. He reiterated his view that "simply relying on the sheer horsepower of the machine will not bring the industry a bright future" and reassured readers that "[Revolution] development kits are already out there".

He aslo said:

"In terms of PlayStation 3, 'exhibited at E3' and 'coming to market' are two very different things," said Nintendo Europe's head of PR, Shelly Pearce today. "What we've always said is that we'll be releasing Revolution in the same timeframe as the others. What that timeframe will be is very up in the air at this point." She continued to stateĀ  "I'm not really sure what Sony will actually be exhibiting at E3."
"Our plan is to talk about our vision for Revolution at E3 next year, and how we're going to revolutionise console gaming," Pearce told Eurogamer. "At next year's E3 there'll obvious be a lot more discussion about next generation, and we'll be talking about ways we're going to take console gaming forward without just focussing on graphics. But it's far too early to talk about specifics now."

So we'll see what it turns out like, and how it will stand in the next-generation console war between Revolution, PS3, and Xbox 2.

You can expect Revolution to launch with a Metroid game and a Mario game. Color of Rev: will most likely be black and silver, wither those aredifferent colors for the console or if they are both on the console, Ido not know. Yay! No purple!Controller: I'm fairly sure without a doubt, (seeing that Nintendo didbuy into Gyration Inc. in 2001, about the same time Rev. went underdevelopement) that Revolution will be using Gyroscopes. :) It will befairly like a regular controller though, hopefully.Hooks in to: TV, and ComputerProcessor: Code-Name: Broadway, dual processors.Graphics Card: Code-Name: HollywoodOnline: Onine plan straight out of box, will featurebuilt-in-broadband and most likely wi-fi.Memory?: Hard DriveStorage: Blu-RayBackwards Compatible?: GamecubeThe technology isn't "revolutionary", but more is in the ways they use it.I have inside information. You can or can't belive me. But... it's the truth, with maybe minor differences.

It will be a shame if the Nintendo Revolution doesn't have some kind of voice control, it's about the only thing which makes the Gamecube better than the Playstation 2 and Xbox. I still haven't played Mario Party 6 yet but I believe the mic used in that game was a big success. I hope to see a system like this in the Nintendo Revolution.