xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mirdux

Battlefield 2142 you know you play it.

from what ive seen its a pretty solid game. I like the newer systems of upgrading your weapons/ equipment, although i find it uneccesary for you can just kill someone else and take their nicer stuff.. Anyone else play? if so add me. my tag is "Some0ne." later

uneccesary for you can just kill someone else and take their nicer stuff..

Unnecessary? You make it sound as if a body with the right kit of equipment you want is in front of your toes when you spawn.
Nonetheless, the items are cool and players are capable of doing more stuff than in BF2, where vehicle superiority reigned. I welcome this change.

Taking the equipment of killed people is nothing new. This feature has been around since BF2. What I really like is how if you knife kill someone, you get their dogtags. Also, if you knife kill more than 50 people, you get a new knife.My only problems with the game is that titan mode lags at above 48 people and sometimes the spawn beacons cannot be destroyed.Other than that I find BF2142 much more addicting and fun than BF2. (Too bad they didn't enable orbital strike in Titan mode.)My tag is dsc007

Battlefield 2142 was my first battlefield game and online first person shooter game that I played. And from my impressions of the game it is definitely the best offering mutiple gameplay options. It has features and gameplay aspects that I have yet to see from other games. It for one has the Mech idea correct. Unlike games like Mechassault which is also fun in its own style does not deliever the correct experience as Battlefied 2142 with its gameplay style with mechs. Because in 2142 you actually feel like you are the mech going into a killing spreee frenzy mode with its superiority with its weapons in stock. Although mechs are relatively strong and can gather up some really nice kills it is not all that superior. It like many other things in battlefield 2142 has weaknesses.So everything in that game is pretty much balanced from what I can see and experienced. I would have loved it more if they give you the option to create your own solider in a technical sense where you can actually create it. Instead of just custumizing its equipment. I understand that this game is mainly about war gameplay and that create a player is not its target feature to include. But I guess its something that can be looked and keep in mind in case they happen to make future Battlefield games. I mean a lot of games right now give the player the ability to create their own soldier so why not battlefield. For example, some of tom clancy games has already the create a player feature.But all in all Im pretty much happy with what Battlefiled 2142 has to offer. It is probably a game I play on the casual to laugh and relax with when Im playing. The community in the game is great and I havent yet encountered people that were immature and unfair. Although I have encountered a lot of players that have tremendous skills. This game is definitely worth a try for those who havent tried it yet. I tried the demo that was released and I ended up getting the full game. Not only that but they will be releasing an expansion for this game soon as well. SO look forward to more battlefield fun, or wait for the compilation pack where you can get both for the price of one. THis game is definitely a game to pick up if you are the type of player that likes to play first person shooters with the online community.

Hey kdg2006, what's your tag for battlefield 2142?Anyway, in BF2142 the mecs are hard to kill but it is actually possible to kill mecs with a normal machine gun. If anyone is desperate enough to try this please use the support kit. On the underside of the walker near the rear, there are a few ventilation ducts. Shooting these ducts are the best way to kill a walker without using a demopack.Battlefield2142 really has the potential to become one of the best multiplayer shooters on the market. However, EA has a habit of releasing many patches. In every battlefield game, each patch usually just made the game worst. Hopefully EA doesn't add to their very long and rather bad track record.

I played it, I think I hate this game as it has very detailed Wepons and Tanks robots but you dye very quick, and it dosent have a single player campain that would be so better, you probbly get stabed from behind or boomed by those robots when ever you get to own something...

Config to play bf 2142Minimum System Requirements: 1.7 Ghz CPU 512 MB RAM 128 MB video card supporting 1.4 shaders (ATI Radeon 8500 / NVIDIA FX 5700 or above) Windows XP Operating System (does not work on Windows 2000/Me) Recommended System Requirements: 2.66 Ghz CPU 1024 MB RAM 256 MB video card supporting 1.4 shaders (ATI Radeon X700 / NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or above) Windows XP Operating System (does not work on Windows 2000/Me)ps: y use geforce 6600 and run perfect!=) :P

my dogtags arent coming in

Battlefield 2142

Hey

I got a questions, I knife people and get there dogtags, and at the end it says I got a few dogtags, but it isnt addin to my amount, it says I hav 37 and stays there, when I shud hav about 50 by now. So basically my amount is stayin at 37, how can I stop this

-Jack