xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hercco

Macbook(pro) And External Displays Does it support more than one?

I've been considering buying a new computer and at the moments I'm leaning towards laptop and especially Macbook.I'd use my Macbook for graphics editing and web designing and I prefer much screen space. Two LCD screens would be the optimal choice. However Apple's website mentions that you can you external display and the Macbook's own display simultaneously , but nothing about using two screens with the lid shut. So does anyone know if there is a way to use Macbook or Macbook pro with two external screens. And I want to use DVI cabling for both.

Hercco, both the MacBook and MacBook Pro will support the dual display feature. I think Apple refers to this as Extended Desktop in their descriptions of this feature. But if you want to have TWO external monitors attached, then it might not be possible. This does not seem to be possible (at least not now) because the MacBook's only have one DVI port on it. You will have to use one external monitor and the one on your MacBook to make it dual display.

You can't do it with two external monitors. Your laptop screen is monitor 1 and your external is monitor 2. This is a feature that's been around a while. I can use it now with my aging Powerbook. I know, however, this doesn't work with the S-video feature though. So if you're trying to hook up to a projector or flat panel TV...