xisto Community
demolaynyc

Kingofhosts.com - Excellent Free Web Host

For those who need a website that needs at most 5,000 mb; require FTP uploading, PHP & MySQL, and especially for no price!, Then you should go to KingofHosts.comIt a really good website. However, being the fact that it's free, what it doesn't offer (unlike Xisto) is Fantastico, PHPpgAdmin, and a lot of other free features that Xisto offer. It also has a bottom text-ad but that shouldn't be too bad.I recommend this for those who don't want to pay for a webhost or for those who can't keep up the activity here in Xisto.This thread is not meant to insult Xisto because Xisto is an excellent FreeWebHost can't disagree to that.

5000 MB of disk space sounds like awful lot for a free service. Let alone the bandwidth limit which is way higher I've ever seen for a free host. Basically this means that they're either really great or really crap webhost. It all depends on the uptime, performance and reliability of their servers and support. I'd like to hear what people who have website there think about it.

For those who need a website that needs at most 5,000 mb; require FTP uploading, PHP & MySQL, and especially for no price!, Then you should go to http://www.kingofhosts.com/
It's a really good website. However, being the fact that it's free, what it doesn't offer (unlike Xisto) is Fantastico, PHPpgAdmin, and a lot of other free features that Xisto offer. It also has a bottom text-ad but that shouldn't be too bad.

I recommend this for those who don't want to pay for a webhost or for those who can't keep up the activity here in Xisto.

This thread is not meant to insult Xisto because Xisto is an excellent FreeWebHost can't disagree to that.

There is no one registered on that website but me so does that mean that its a new hosting website or its a peace of junk cause i think its a peace of junk cause asta host has 10x more features than that peace of junk website and you call it the best hosting website. LOL.

I registered there a few days ago,The problems: i) Their server was down most of the time. ii) They dont allow more than 50 people to upload via ftp server. iii) I used frontpage to make a website.and it didnt show that properly.So i started searching again and found Xisto.Will try it when i get enough credits. ;)

Got this mail fro them!
I think the only problem now is the 50 user limit.

We appologize for the recent downtime you experienced on the service while we were moving to faster servers to provide for all your free webhosting needs.

Over the next 24hours as your DNS updates you should see the site back online again. We are comitted to providing the best quality service and therefore this downtime was necessary, now that we have 4 CPU's powering our site we do not anticipate any further downtime as we are able to host over 100,000 people.

If the said host dosen't have cpanel and fantastico it will become very difficult to manage ones account there.In this case they are claiming that they will allow 5000 MB it is way too much for a free web site hoster so I assume there will be stability issues rising as the number of users increase.I think I will use Xisto after I get my tarhet credits ;)--knight17

If the said host dosen't have cpanel and fantastico it will become very difficult to manage ones account there.In this case they are claiming that they will allow 5000 MB it is way too much for a free web site hoster so I assume there will be stability issues rising as the number of users increase.
I think I will use Xisto after I get my tarhet credits ;)

--
knight17

I concur.
This could be a spamming site...
Also, you have no websites up from this site.

Take caution.

But thanks for sharing .

eFX

I concur. This could be a spamming site...
Also, you have no websites up from this site.

Take caution.

But thanks for sharing .

eFX

I found some reviews on it if anyone is interested:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

They also list the following:
# 1,000mb Disk Space 8,000mb disk space (8gb!)
# 10,000mb Bandwidth 50,000mb bandwidth (50gb!).
# NO ADVERTISEMENTS on your pages!
# FREE subdomain (yourname.KingofHosts.com)
# Easy to use WYSIWYG editor
# Full FTP Support
# PHP 4 Support
# 1 mySQL database 10 mySQL database's
# Instant activation
# Domain name support
# 99.9% Uptime

Also, they seem to be the same as the site: freehostinn.com

FYI of course..

eFX

I happen to have a site hosted on kingofhosts.com, and so far its been great. Very fast server and in the forum there is mention of having over 5,000 sites hosted there, so this is a rather big free hosting site. I checked them out on alexa.com and they are in the top 200,000 of websites on the web. So far, so great!

Edited by tommygun (see edit history)

For those who need a website that needs at most 5,000 mb; require FTP uploading, PHP & MySQL, and especially for no price!, Then you should go to http://www.kingofhosts.com/

It's a really good website. However, being the fact that it's free, what it doesn't offer (unlike Xisto) is Fantastico, PHPpgAdmin, and a lot of other free features that Xisto offer. It also has a bottom text-ad but that shouldn't be too bad.

I recommend this for those who don't want to pay for a webhost or for those who can't keep up the activity here in Xisto.

This thread is not meant to insult Xisto because Xisto is an excellent FreeWebHost can't disagree to that.

Ok what I am looking for a host that you really can't find that easy is a place that offers free web domain, and free hosting for a http://ww2.yourname.com/ site no crappy subdomains and stuff like that an accual website