xisto Community
Takumi-san

What Is The Best Anti-virus

Just wondering, what is the best anti-virus software that is out there? Also, is there a place that has it for free or a free trial. The only anti-virus software I know are Norton and Macfee (unless you count trend, but that waas mandatory for school).

Personally i prefer AVG. They provide good support and i have never caught a virus ever since.Before this i was using Norton Antivirus. but now it's sux, heheRegards

well i dont think that Norton would be a good choice, since it consumes a lot of resource of your system. McAfee is pretty good, but it also consumes lot of resources but not as much as Norton. well i would recommend Kaspersky antivirus. It is good as McAfee & pretty light. You can also try NOD 32, but it is not free as Norton, Kaspersky or AVG.

Same here. My best experience has been with AVG.I've also used the paid version of Norton Antivirus in the past, and it was just a resource-hogging, not that useful program. Clicking on the tray icon to get the control panel running would take almost half a minute! And yes, my computer is a little sluggish, but if it weren't for all the "graphics" and "special" user interface, I think it could've been a much more light-weight program.I've had various other antivirus programs, and I just stuck with AVG in the end.. but if I'm not mistaken, the free version of it is going to disappear soon and we'll have to pay for it! Bummer...

norton antivirus ,is though really good ,i feel it takes too much load on the cpu as it hogs on a lot of resource ,i t also slows the starting and shuttin down time, i dont think mcaffe is any good,its the worst if you ask me ,reason? bcoz i am trying to uninstall the corrupted file from a month and yet its not uninstalling ,avg is good ,but i never found virus that were detected bu norton antivirus , detected by avg,though avg is lite its not as effective as virus ,its always a trade in ,get a slow and secure antivirus or a fast and less secure antivirus

I've had a lot of viruses on my PC in the past and from my experience, AVG and avast are the best antivirus out there (Norton and McCafe didn't even detect some of these viruses were on my system!). McCafe is good as well, but when AVG and avast are available for free download, I'd recommend these. If you have a slow system go for AVG since it consumes least resources. Otherwise Avast is better suited (from the point of view of a home PC user). A word of caution.. don't use two different antivirus software on the same system since they wouldn't add up.. they'd cancel out each other's advantage instead! ;)

Here are a few recommended Anti-Viruses from my side:#1 QuickHeal (Free trial available, and cheap cost)\#2 Kaspersky#3 AntiVir (Free)#4 AVG (Free)I found Quick Heal to be the best since its extremely light on resources and is pretty fast. It may not be as stringent as Norton or McAfee but is a decent buy and provides robust protection.

I've had the best experience with AVG. Out of Norton (which sucks), PC Chillin, and ZoneAlarm, AVG has the best performance. AVG doesn't consume a lot of resources and it works very well. The only time that you might actually experience a slow down is during a scan which is still rare. Norton was one of the biggest headaches i've ever had to deal with in the 5 minutes that i actually had it. The funniest thing ever was when i ordered norton to scan the programs file directory and it identified itself as a high-risk virus.

I use Pc-Cillin and it works for me. The 2007 version of Pc-Cillin made my computer a bit slow though(my computer does have above average system specs) so i sticked with pc-cillin 2006 which they still update so im not changing version before i really have to. I cant say there is any anti-virus that you can call "the best". You should use a software which fits you. Sure, you should have a brief idea about which ones are good and the best free software, i would say, is AVG. Free and protective.

I would say, Norton - (minus) Bulkiness is a top class Anti Virus. Seriously, symantec needs to take care of this issue. People would be better off with a virus on their system than have this anti-virus. They can't just expect everybody to run on Teraflops, can they?

Norton Antivirus revolutionized a lot of innovative features. Quite notably, the live update to keep the virus definitions up-to-date. Seeing, their product in such lowly ground is really disheartening.