xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mtnbluet

Book Sale For Charity Local Associated Bank hosts this book exchange

This is the first I have seen in my local city and it is ongoing.Most are just drives that have an ending, this one doesn't.The way it works is fairly simple really. The bank has a book cart and a table in its lobby as people enter through the main entrance. They can browse the books and put cash in for whatever they take. The cost is .50 cents for a paperback and $1.00 for a hard cover. Of course, if you don't have cash on you...you are at a bank.The exchange part is that they welcome donations of any kind of books as well as cash. These book donations are in turn put out in the lobby for sale. And the book sale continues on....Each month the proceeds go to a different charilty. For example, last month the money went to WAVE , which stands for "Woman Against Violence".I asked the bank teller, what if a person donates more technical books, and they don't get sold? She said they haven't had that problem. They do welcome any kinds of books, even the more technical ones.Hence, I am donating some of my older computer books, and hopefully other people will do so also.This would be great if the idea would catch on in other cities as well. Or has it?

Well, that is with sure a really great idea! I'm sure that loads of people have some book with out use in your house!The same thing happens with clothes, everybody has some in desusage! Every thre months I clean my wardrobe and see if there is gears that I can donate, and I always have! I think there is millions of people who dosen't have any cloth to wear when is cold, so why should I keep this ones in my wardrobe!If we have more people, even companies interested and help other people, especially children, we could have less social problems!I want to thank and to congratulate this bank for the iniciative! Is this kind of things the world need!