xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Please Review My Download Site

I'm not much of a site reviewer - but I can alert you to a couple of issues that might get your site a really bad reputation.

A lot of people are using the SiteAdvisor extension from McAfee. SiteAdvisor sits in your browser status bar and warns you about any sites with malicious content and/or links to such sites.

When I visited your site, SiteAdvisor immediately turned RED. Upon investigaing the cause, I found that the primary cause is that your site links to a dangerous site called top66.ro.

When we tested this site we found links to top66.ro, which we found breaches browser security on our test PC.

It also links to a couple of other blacklisted sites like extremetracking.com & pspdownloads.ws.

You should get rid of such links ASAP - if you want your site to show up GREEN & clean on SiteAdvisor. A RED flag will instantly scare away loads of traffic.

I already made my comments on trap about site but I did not know about the site advisor M^E and now I got it installed thanks, Now to reap on the rewards for this plug-in :).

Your download site is truly amazing to me. It looks really professional, course I'm only fifteen so my opinion isn't that great but it really does look professional. Also (sorry for asking), what program do you recommend for editing videos for amvs?

It certainly looks good :P .
But, I'd drop the "Hello visitor from BELGIUM" thing, I personaly things such gimmicks suck and shouldn't be on a website.
Secondly, I'd love to see a freeware/shareware filter, some people only want freeware and they certainly aren't going to use your website to find it.
I also have absolutely no idea why on earth you are doing this:

Download Audio Encoders and Decoders, Audio File Players, CD Burner, CD Players, Multimedia Creation Tools, Video Tools, Music Composers, Rippers and Converters, Presentation Tools Tags: Download Audio Encoders and Decoders, Audio File Players, CD Burner, CD Players, Multimedia Creation Tools, Video Tools, Music Composers, Rippers and Converters, Presentation Tools

Why are you repeating yourself ? Don't forget that search engines don't like this behaviour.
Last thing is the "Recommended" thing on top, it's empty :P

Anyway, keep up the good work :P