xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mtnbluet

Sidekiq a search engine browser

Or is it a browser search engine?

In any case, sidekiq.com features a search engine that searches whatever search engine you select in whatever category you select. You select the search engines located in a full page left sidebar that expands and collapses with every choice made. The categories range from "the Web" to "Video/TV search" to "Gaming" to "Business and Money". The results appear in a browser to the right of the sidebar.

I see this as Web 2.0 at its best. Not in the sense of interactivity but in the sense of convenience. You never have to type in your search keywords twice and the page does the work for you. You also have full control. You can search as few or as many search engines as you want.

I wanted to post a few screen shots here, however, I could not find an upload button. So here is the site so you can try it out for yourself http://www.sidekiq.com/ Very impressive.

It's an interesting site, that's true, but I don't think I'd really make use of it. Usually I just want to get to my results (because more often than not they can be found very easily) and don't wish to go through all this fancy choosing before I get there. I mean, think about it. If I could search Google and get my results faster, I might as well do that. Using a secondary site would only be a hassle. sidekiq.com can only be a site that I'd use only if I'd run out of other options. Also, sidekiq.com isn't the fastest thing in the world. If loading it turns out to be a hassle, I could always use that search bar in Firefox to pick and choose which search engine I think I might need the most. No need to waste time by loading an extra webpage on top of the search page. Sorry! XD