xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vyoma

"Command Prompt" A vector image for a blog article

Posted Image

:) Well, that is a enlarged view of a vector illustration I made for another blog post I will be writing soon.

Nothing breath taking - I know - it is just a 5-10 minute doodle I did in Inkscape and it seemed to have come out ok. Thought of showing it to you guys here.

Its definitely not bad for a 5-10 minute doodle, although theres some room for improvement. I'm actually pretty impressed if you did that within that timespace (would have taken me about 20 minutes hehe). Good job anyway, hope to see some more sophisticated work from you in the future :)

I did think of adding few more details to it, but in the end I thought it would be a waste of time, because it would be published in the blog post as a tiny 250x152 pixel image.Thanks for the comments. :) And I sure will post my future works here.

It fits nicely with the article. I think your choice to leave out the additional details was good. With such a small resolution it wouldn't make much difference. I also like the article a lot. Back in the day if you weren't comfortable with a CLI, you couldn't do much with a computer (at least not without help). Now with graphic interfaces being so common it is becoming hard to find someone who still knows their DOS commands. Ahhh, the good old days.

Yes, indeed. The good old days of DOS. :)

I did try out few more things, like the actual monitor screen with some fictitious logo and all, so that I would have a monitor with "FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT" and a prompt on it, instead of just the screen after FoRsAkEn's comments. I just could not get all the details properly visible in that image resolution. So, I dropped the idea and stuck to the original.