xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
biggiebi

Half Life Dedicated Server

Window hldsupdatetool installation

First you would need to download and install the tool here Install the hldsupdatetool in the C:/hlds or which ever drive you choose. Now to install the server you want to host. Go to Start > Run > cmd > cd\ > cd hlds and run the hldsupdatetool.exe. To install counter-strike 1.6 server type hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game cstrike -dir c:/hlds

and it will download the files to run a counter-strike 1.6 server. To see a list of game use the hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game list .

Linux hldsupdatetool Installation

Agian we will need to download the tool to update the server but this time we're going to download the linux version. I'll show you how to install a server through SSH

mkdir hlds
This will make a new folder name hlds

cd hlds
This will change you to hlds directory

wget http://storefront.steampowered.com/download/hldsupdatetool.bin
This will download the tool to install a server on linux

chmod +x hldsupdatetool.bin
This will make the tool executable

Now run

./steam
and you should get

Checking bootstrapper version …Getting version X of Steam HLDS Update ToolDownloading. . . . . . . . . . .Steam Linux Client updated, please retry the command
Now to install a counter-strike 1.6 server

./steam -command update -game cstrike -dir /home/hlds
Now it should download the linux version of the counter-strike server

Running the server

Windows - Go to C:\hlds and create a short of hlds.exe right click on the hlds.exe short and go to poperties

add this after C:\hlds\hlds.exe "-console -game cstrike +port 27015 +map de_dust +maxplayers 16 -autoupdate" without quotes save and run the hlds.exe shortcut

Linux - go to the hlds directory and type ./hlds_run -console -game cstrike +port 27015 +map de_dust +maxplayers 16 -autoupdate

If your trying to run the server behind a router go to https://portforward.com/error.cgi

To get your ip go to https://www.whatismyip.com/

How to play my friend with my IP adress

Half Life Dedicated Server

Hi

I'm Mevlan from Macedonia

My question for you is

How to play my friend with me see.S. 1.6 with my IP adress

I'm creating a Dedicated sever but him Don't play with my IP adrees

Thanks for Learning...

Dear You

-Mevlan

installed ok but no goodHalf Life Dedicated Server

I installed hlds and updated it and I checked it on the internet and every thing was ok, people can connect to me.

but the problem is I own my own half life one CD and it is installed but every update I put in seemed to work but when I connect I receive an error update your client but there are no more updates.

-reply by andres