xisto Community
Chesso

My Game I Am Making (blockbash)

[uPDATE!!!!!]

Link to download it is here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It's MegaUpload.com, it is a zip archive that contains an executable and a DATA\MAPS folders with the level data.

This is just a simple little 2d game I am making for fun in Borland Delphi 7 (Win32) with the UnDelphiX (for DirectX).

I'd just like a little feedback on it and if anyone has any bugs or problems with it thus far.

I do all this on my own (sound effects, the basic graphics and animations :) etc), except of course the MIDI music and the current player sprite which is just an edited bomberman one for know, until I figure out how the hell I'm going to make my own complete with animation lol.

Edited by Chesso (see edit history)

I'll try it out as soon as MU has some Belgian downloadslots available :) .Maybe you could add some screenshots to this post to give us an idea :)

Music Rocks Chesso!! :)I would change the Esc key to enter just to make it quicker for people to proceed.Next steps should be if possible-add in backgrounds (animated)-scoreboard/point system-obstacles to make them ore challengingthat should get you going on what to do next.

Yeah I'm in the middle of increasing the overall window and everything size to 480x480, got a new and well more original sprite that's bigger, so i'm using bigger objects (some).Animated backgrounds eh, that is an idea lol.

It has been updated.Please note that there are some obvious bugs that were not present before, I just don't have time at this very moment to uncomment and re-fix minor values (due to change in player sprite, stuff needs re-adjusting and uncommenting from previous testing).

I don't see were to download it? If its a small file you should probably find anouther free place to upload it. Any chance you could post screen shots so that I could take a look (like wutske asked)? I don't usually download stuff unless it is big or comes with screen shots. It finally worked but I don't know how to open it? I have never seen a .rar file (but I assume its like a .exe or .zip). It sounds fun from what michael posted :)~Sparkx~

Oh .rar is like .zip yes, it's very widely used.I normally use .ZIP for the ease of everyone but .RAR gives a bit better compression.I haven't had much time to take screenshots lol, I post this around a few Pascal GameDev communities I visit also for feedback.But basically right now it's a demo more or less (one very simple level) until all the core decided aspects are in, and then multiple levels can be done easily (aside from making the level itself :)).