xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vyoma

"Orphan Work" And "Designing" Some more vector art

Boy... am I getting addicted to this or what?

Like my earlier work, these two illustrations I created in Inkscape for the coming blog posts at my blog.

Posted Image

This is for a blog post on the Orphan Work Act of 2006 blog post, that I will be able to post by next week.

Posted Image

This one is for a series of design articles that I intend to write about.

:)

Is inkscape strictly an inking program? The pictures you've produced seem to have a rather cartoony quality about them that I like. Seems to create some smooth lines too, which I'm interested in. Nice, simple, straight-forward graphics, which are good for a website I think.

Inkspace is not strictly an inking program. You could ofcourse use it to ink out sketches that you can just scan and place it in a layer under your canvas and use it as a tracing tool to ink out the sketch. But it is more.

Inkscape is a vector graphics program, that is similar to Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and Freehand. It though is an open source vector graphics editor (available at https://inkscape.org/en/) unlike the others.

Before some one asks, what is vector graphics - vector graphics unlike raster graphics are not composed of pixels. They are composed of points, lines, bezier curves, polygons and the like. (I have written on related topic at my blog - Vector Art). It can be zoomed and rotated to any degree (atleast theoretically) and still not loose its crispness and neatness.

And with respect to the above works - I was inspired by the works of Kevin Cornel. He does great illustrations for the articles at A List Apart.

The worm brings back memories of worms 2. =PThe goat is pretty cool too. =]I should consider doing vector art. I haven't a steady hand at drawing at all and I have always wanted to create images rather than putting them all together into a wallpaper or something. ^^;