xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

U.s. Casulties Hits 3,000

Well we hit another Milestone and thats the Grim fact the U.S has lost 3,000 sons and daughters, although a handful of those deaths were caused by accidents by other soldiers, suicides and even natural causes. It still remains the fact the these families will not see their love ones again.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I had the displeasure to find out that my roommate was one of those casualties RIP Trevor A. Wine.

Regardless how others feel about this war and how the U.S Government treats everyone else. These sons and daughters died because of people who think war is the only way of life and if they don't know peace then it is their jobs to make sure no one else can have peace in their lives.

In a fantasy world we talk things out and figure out a compromise that would benefit everyone. But in the real world we can't have that. We don't know when this will end, but hopefully in the future when our children grow up they will fix the mistakes we have made from our past. Then bring peace that we all want in life and not have to look behind our backs just to make sure we won't get shot, kidnapped or even blown up.

Of course we can't forget the wounded who won't be able to do the things the rest of us take for granted and leads them to a dark place in their minds because of the horror's they have been through.

Although I survive this war, I am not the person who I was before, my world that I grew up in, came crashing down. Although we learn about the wars in the past, we don't know how real it is until we are there embracing it for the first time.

That's no good that we have so many dead in Iraq. One thing that saddens me is domestic violence in our own nation. About 5k people die from murders in the US per year, far more than Iraq per year. We have more crime induceded injuries here too, however they don't matter it seems. Well they do. But no one seems to pay any mind.

My friend told me that we have more murders in Washington DC (our beloved Capitol) than deaths in Iraq over the course of the Iraq war. We need to focus our energies more at home on crime control than worry about the war over in Iraq. I support the War in Iraq, regardless of the casualty cost. The casualty cost is minimal when compared to any other war that we've been involved in (Vietnam, WWII, Civil, even the War of 1812).

The other thing to remember is that this country has a *volunteer* armed force. There is no draft, everyone who is fighting in Iraq right now joined whatever branch they joined of their own free will with full knowledge that this could happen.

The other thing to remember is that this country has a *volunteer* armed force. There is no draft, everyone who is fighting in Iraq right now joined whatever branch they joined of their own free will with full knowledge that this could happen.

This is a very important point. If we these people don't want to go to war they shouldn't join the army during a war. Some people though enjoy the idea of going to war. For example, one of my friends from Counter-Strike will be going to Iraq some time soon and I asked him what he thought of it. He laughed and replyed "It will be like playing the game in real life" I called him crazy and pointed out that there is no respawn in real life. But ya, as you can see, some people want to go, you can't blame the government 100% for all of this as no one HAS to join the army.

many people are excited to go to war, but when they are already there they will see how gruesome it isand how painfull for them to have in that kind of situation. we are subliminally induced the idea that goingto war is fun, this is due to the computer games that are in the public right now. they are always portayingthat if you go to war you are a hero or stuffs like that but i dont think so. being a hero is to help your countryfirst then help others because you cant help others if you yourself needs help