xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BaSsMaNjR5

Whats You Current Trick You Want To Learn? On skateboarding, inline skating, BMX

So what is the trick you just have got to learn or are trying to learn.... Since its basically my first time back on a bike since summer, my trick would have to be the bunnyhop 360....I hace succeeded at the 180 but hey once you got something down you have to go further lol...So what is your trick you want to learn?

[color=#I don't BMX but I do skateboard. At the moment the current trick I am trying to nail is the Nollie Flip. I can land them but they are really sketchy and I end up bailing (falling off the board) just after my feet land on the board. Hopefully tomorrow I will land a good one and get it recorded on camera. :)[/color]

I have just succeeded a wheelie on my BMX (I'm a bit rubbish) and I am trying to learn to bunny hop.. Can anyone help me?

I have just succeeded a wheelie on my BMX (I'm a bit rubbish) and I am trying to learn to bunny hop.. Can anyone help me?

64372[/snapback]

The bunnyhop is the main thing that basically webs off to alot of other tricks... Now im not sure if this will help you but i will try... First off I recommend you try and get a light bike to do this on so that its easier to pull off (the heavier the bike, the more energy is needed and more strength is used) Ok so here it goes...

1) Pedal forward at a comfortable pace that you feel you would like to bunnyhop at.

2) Prepare the bunnyhop by keeping your pedals level (this will make your tricks ALOT easier to accomplish)

3) Begin the bunnhop by pulling back as you would with a manual (a wheely without pedaling)

4) now comes the part that is probably he hardest to accomplish but with practice you will get, with your front wheel in the air, thrust your knees upward towards your chest and push forward at the same time with your upper body which will create the back wheel to come off the ground and the thrusting forward leveling your bike out... then once your leveled out you land and ride away

(Hint) When you do a bunnyhop it mainly has to do with weight transfer....First you transfer your weight to the back to bring your front tire off the ground, then your transfer your weight at and upright angle which brings your rear tire off the ground and then you push your arms down to level out the bike and voila! you have a bunnyhop

This tutorial will give a much better idea of how to train yourself into doing bunnyhops.... I hope you succeed at it and rock those parks!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks Bassman, I'll try doing a bunnyhop today. I was at a park yesterday and I kept failing :)

Well, daman, the wheelie isnt my best area either, I havent really played with them either due to manuals being the most used one to me. But with a wheely you roll forward at a slow but steady pace and again, KEEP YOUR PEDALS LEVEL, and then with the foot you usually push forward with, slam it down and pull straight back and hang your butt off the back of the seat a bit and yank down with the back motion and you should either A get the front wheel off the ground or B go back too far which you will have to bail....BMX takes alot of practice as well as all the other extreme sports. When you decide to ride it you make an agreement that you are going to take slams and bams and get those bruises and sratches and scrapes, but dont let those little things make you quit, If you do that you break your agreement and its not a fun sport anymore.yoofus, Im glad to hear you tried it out and are keepin at it! Yea its hard to learn new things trust me (180 bunnyhop caused my snowboard injury to hurt again form 2 months ago and gave me scrapes and bruises) but hey, its not so bad. The more you fall, the more you just want to push yourself harder to get it. Eventually after watching movies and looking at BMX pictures, you will realize how simple that motion is to hop the bike. Eventually youll be bunnyhopping up 2 or 3 sets and bunnyhopping people lol. Just keep looking at that webpage and studying how she was doing those warm ups and then just let it flow and hop. I hope you get it bro :)

I just started skating last week, and I'm still trying to master the kickflip, which I still can't do consistantly. It's damn hard to get it the first time. I guess technique will come with practise.Most of the people I know have lived on their boards since they were around twelve or thirteen, so I'm quite a few years behind. I just never really got into it.