xisto Community
nathaniel1405241538

Creating A Online Community With Php And Mysql Like Myspace

So I should give you as little more input. This is going to be a online community where everyone will be able to talk to each other by sending messages and adding each other. each person will be able to have a profile and customize it to how they want it to look. Also you will have a page where you can look at the bars in your area and see what its all about and u can check off which ones your going to that night and then look to see who else is going. This will make it easy to meet new people so it will be a myspace/lava life kind of community.

Well, you have a lot of options that this online commUnity must have, like:

Login/Logout

Profile Management

Mail System

Picture Gallery

Chat System

Newsletter

Search System

Forum System

All of this you can do with the use of PHP or ASP and a database storage system like MySql, Sql Server, Oracle, etc. It depends what you know, and also, you can use a CMS system like:

Joomla

Drupal

Mambo

PHP Nuke

Best regards,

To start off I recommend going to pixel2life.com most of the scripting you will need more or less comes from that site and how to set them up in the form of tutorials.

To start off I recommend going to pixel2life.com most of the scripting you will need more or less comes from that site and how to set them up in the form of tutorials.

Thanks for the share, this one is an excellent site with a lot of tutorials of differents types, i just try one related with MySql but i have some problem because it is specific to MySql 5 and i cant continue doing it at my Xisto account, so, i will try it again locally.

Best regards,

Yah I think i Just might use phpfox it looks very good and is pretty cheep for only one month. Or i might just buy a programmer for the hour and see how much he can do , but that can get pretty exspensive anyways thanks for the help!

Hey dude,
If you want to hire a scriptor to create a site LIKE myspace will take a very dedicated developr. If i had the patience to design and manage a site like that. You would be the charged the following.
$250.00 - Retainer FEE
$6000.00 - For the automated system
$10,000 - Copyright Removal.

Now you might say, am i mentally ill. No person will ever pay such money. On the contrary a script of stature requires one or more dedicated scriptors. How have the time not only to develop such a system but also make sure that its secure. Yet you also need a team to hack the system. Its a really big load. Plus you never nkow if a site will go big.

So why are other scripts worth $100 + more? Well you are not their only client. They would eventaully get paid the same amount of money if not more. Plus their software can not exactly match you needs since it is based on its own frame. For this you would need to hire a special scripter.

CONCLUSION
Before you even start thinking about creating a myspace type system, try setting up a forum and modding it up with Myspace type features. Get the members and get that stats. When you have a large enough community create your system and then create a php script which could transfer data from your currently MySQL database to the new database for your system.

If you need a free domain name their is a link in my signature. I am not the owner of the company but i make a few dollars for every user who goes through the easy 20 minute and 24 hr wait process. You must reside in the United States.