xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Godfather Of Soul James Brown Pass Away

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This morning the "Godfather of Soul" James Brown passed away form unknown complications of pneumonia this morning.

His status as a singer are legendary

-Won several Grammy's (Made in America)
-one of the first to enter the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
-Was in several movies (Rocky IV, Blues Brothers)
-Influenced many people in their careers

Was a big fan of his old stuff he will be sorely missed by those who knew him best through his music.

Yes, he also played an important role in the development of Funk, Groove, amongst many genres I usually listen to. I sincerely didn't think he'd die this soon, but also never though he'd last this long being as crazy as he was. Getting drunk and drugged frequently being 70 is quite dangerous (there's an interview with him completely drunk, probably in YouTube), but I believe Brown probably died happy with his legacy and lifestyle. It's pretty sad, but I don't think his music will ever die in the next centuries. And that's what matters, his time here ended, and James did his job pretty well.